Austin, TX, USA
Hi, we’re Bulb. Nice to meet you.
We’re working remotely to protect our team during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. But we are still hiring. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview, read on…
Bulb launched 5 years ago in London and we’re now one of the fastest growing private companies in the UK. We’re expanding internationally and are building the teams who will help change the energy industry globally. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Want to join us?
The energy industry is complicated. And many people don’t trust things they can’t understand. So clear communication is central to our mission.
Clear communication tells a compelling story, makes complex things simple and builds trust into the relationships we’re creating. It’s a challenge. If it sounds like one you’d like to help solve, perhaps you’re the person we need.
We’re looking for a full-time Communications Manager. This position is a crucial early hire. You’ll help us write everything from emails to blog posts, digital ads to direct mail. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on print materials and messaging for in-person events (when social distancing ends, of course).
In this role you will
- Uphold the Bulb tone of voice and ensure we are communicating simply and consistently in all of our content
- Plan, develop and write clear and compelling content for our members, including emails, website landing pages, blog posts, paid advertising and print materials
- Proofread, adapt and edit content created by other team members
- Communicate clearly and concisely without energy jargon. Bulb deals with the complexities of energy so our community doesn’t have to
- Ensure that user journeys are as good as they can be and look for opportunities to improve the user experience
- Work closely with the Product teams to explain to new members what we’ve got to offer and why it’s so good
- Develop a community of fans not customers
We want to hire people with the experience necessary to get going quickly at Bulb. But we're also interested in people who want to learn new things and feel comfortable working in a changing environment.
Our ideal candidate will have
- Exceptional communication skills
- A portfolio of work, showing a range of content including creative copywriting, performance marketing, ads and social media
- A knack for getting to the heart of complex subjects and explaining them simply
- A good sense of when to have fun with copy – and when to stop
- Experience making evidence-based decisions, the ability to use data to test and iterate copy
- A talent for managing projects from start to finish, while communicating clearly and regularly with stakeholders
- Experience of working to tone of voice guidelines
- The ability to work collaboratively and the confidence to work alone
- Basic knowledge of HTML and marketing platforms like Mailchimp
- A track record of continuous improvement
- The ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- 2 to 3 years of copywriting experience
- Strong proficiency in written Spanish
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced HTML and CSS skills
- Understanding of the energy industry and specific challenges facing our industry
- Be part of a fast growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy in Texas
- Competitive salary, share options, benefits, and other perks
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- 20 days paid time off per year
Bulb cares deeply about helping the technology industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example.
Your application has been successfully submitted.