Hardware Engineer - Firmware
This job is no longer accepting applications.
With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for nearly every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As we near a public listing milestone that will broaden our market leadership and build on years of innovation, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Manager, Hardware Design (TBD)
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for a creative and versatile engineer with the ability to develop both hardware and embedded firmware that will meet the challenges presented by the quickly evolving electric vehicle charging industry. This unique individual will help ensure our products solve difficult problems while providing feature rich user experiences that meet high reliability/availability requirements. The role will play a key cross-functional role to drive many aspects including developing and producing best in class electric vehicle charging systems.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Intimate knowledge of hardware designs including high-speed processors, electro-magnetic systems and complex sensing circuits.
- Create, develop, debug, and maintain embedded algorithms that support complex metering, safety and various functions required to charge electric vehicles.
- Deliver firmware optimized for multiple dimensions including coding efficiency, reliability and feature richness.
- Knowledge of RTOS and bare-metal in addition to use cases. Optionally co-operative and hybrid scheduler use.
- Experienced with mbedded bootloader use and development.
- Knowledgeable about digital signal conditioning/DSP use.
- Develop standard and custom communication protocols for new systems.
- Support, debug and modify existing embedded control/sensing algorithms.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to resolve early (architectural) and late (lab, test & validation) issues.
- Work closely with hardware engineers to test and validate operation on the bench.
- Desire to innovate and create new technologies in vehicle charging.
- 3+ years of experience developing embedded algorithms for electronic/electrical systems.
- Excellent Embedded C knowledge/development experience. Proficient in C/C++, assembly and Linux.
- Peripheral driver development: SPI/I2C/UART/Timers/ADCs/CAN bus.
- Ability to interpret mixed signal schematics/hardware designs and develop firmware based on spec. Experience with OrCad Capture and Allegro development tools a plus.
- Experience with electric vehicle charging a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric mobility is a smart option and so easy that every two seconds, a vehicle connects to our network.