AMPLY Power, Inc.
Mountain View, CA, USA
AMPLY is a fast-growing 2020 Global CleanTech 100 company, honored for Innovation in Electric Vehicle Fleet Charging and Management. We are an energy technology company going after an emerging $100B market opportunity. AMPLY is focused on transforming the commercial transportation sector by removing the challenges, surprises, and learning curve that fleet operators often face when switching to electricity as a fuel.
The AMPLY product and engineering team delivers an IoT, cloud-native, distributed, real-time control platform, managing charging stations, electricity panel meters, local site controllers, electric vehicles and telematic devices.
As a true technical lead, the ideal candidate will spend about 75% of their time actually writing code, and splitting the rest between planning, mentorship, and code review once our team starts to scale. We are looking for an engineer who has already seen success in growing their team around them, as well as engineering highly available high-throughput distributed systems and developing apps in the cloud.
This is a full-time position based at our HQ office in Mountain View, CA.
- Provide guidance on the technical direction of strategic initiatives
- Develop, install, test and debug automated tasks. (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure)
- Identify opportunities for process improvements/efficiencies and drive adoption of high priority/high value improvements within the team
- Management of events related to IT infrastructure elements (e.g. data centers, networks, servers, storage, operating systems, Internet security, and business applications).
- Implement, refine, and enforce software development techniques to ensure that delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- You will understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying new systems to production.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor and grow people in your team to be more productive and grow as engineers.
- BS or MS (MS preferred) in Computer Science
- Hands-on working knowledge of managing applications and services in private and public cloud preferably AWS.
- 7+ years software engineering experience
- Experience developing internet applications
- Be a steward of code quality, agile development processes and automation
- Solid understanding of fundamental computer science concepts such as the practical application of data structures and algorithmic complexity
- We learn from each other. You should be willing and able to mentor and educate your coworkers, as well as be educated and mentored by them.
Applicants Only – Recruiting agencies please do not contact.
Your application has been successfully submitted.