Senior Product Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are actively seeking a detail-oriented and highly driven Senior Product Designer to join us in our mission to build best-in-class experiences for our users.
The ideal individual for this position is someone who knows how to push product from the ground up and can work in a hands on and collaborative way.
What you’ll get to do
- Design, deliver, and ship user-friendly, high-quality, product designs from discovery to launch
- Design flows and interactions that are intuitively simple
- Build prototypes to communicate design ideas to users and internal stakeholders
- Run user testing sessions on prototypes to help evaluate and validate your hypothesis
- Evolve and maintain our design system
- Collaborate with product, data and engineering to ensure design intent is realized across apps, web, and more
- Discover, stay abreast, and recommend effective design tools for collaborative work
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of UI/UX product design experience creating mobile apps and web products at either a progressive, fast-growing, consumer tech start-up or at a well-established organization
- Outstanding portfolio that showcases creative and systematic design thinking and execution.
- Experience working on both consumer experience and tools is desired
- Experience doing in-person user research and knowing how to apply the findings in your design thinking effectively
- Experience working with engineers and delivering your work in a clear way
- Confident in bringing multiple stakeholders to the table to understand and solve problems
- Ability to manage ambiguity, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and drive projects
- Exceptional communication and people skills
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability.
- Humble, self-starting, team player who is willing to fail and learn
- High level competence in industry tools such as Figma, Sketch, Jira, prototyping tools such as Principle, InVision, etc.
- Familiarity with back-end and front-end development technologies
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bird's mission is to make cities more livable by reducing car usage, traffic, and carbon emissions.