Software Engineer, NetSuite/Finapps
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re looking for a NetSuite Engineer to join our Systems Engineering team. The Systems Engineering team is a tight team of experienced engineers obsessed with efficiency. We focus on building tools to improve the efficiency of Bird: software practices that are simple and easy to understand, infrastructure that is stable and fault tolerant, and cutting edge data infrastructure to support all aspects of the business.
As a Software Engineer, FinApps, you’ll be embedded into our FinApps team where you’ll work closely with the Finance Supply Chain to keep our enterprise/business/ financial systems well oiled.
- Be the technical point of contact for our ERP application (NetSuite)
- Architect, design, build and deliver optimized and scalable NetSuite solutions including customizations, scripting (2.0), integrations and support case resolutions for customization defects
- Stay ahead of the new NetSuite features and functionality, and provide recommendations for improvements
- Perform technical design/code reviews and audits to ensure design objectives are met and standards are followed
- Work with management, product managers and finance business partners to scope work and produce deliverable estimates
- Adapt to changing priorities of the business and seek out ways to develop new skills
- Balance multiple concurrent projects and contending priorities
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- 5+ years of industry experience with emphasis in NetSuite development including SuiteScript and integrations utilizing encryption methodologies
- Ability to write and review SuiteScripts (1.0 & 2.0) from scratch
- Extensive understanding of SuiteFlow, SuiteScript, SuiteBuilder, and Map-Reduce
- Expertise with Celigo Integrator.io and prior experience with building financial application integrations
- Deep understanding of NetSuite architecture and related technologies
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills - high attention to detail is crucial
- General understanding of best practices and business processes in Finance and Accounting
- Basic functional understanding of NetSuite modules in a OneWorld environment such as Record to Report, Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Revenue Recognition, Advanced Inventory, Fixed Assets, Electronic Payments, Multi-Book and Currency Translations/Foreign Exchange is necessary
- At least a fundamental understanding of SOX, Segregation of Duties, Change Management and Information Technology General Controls
- Experience with Data Migration
- Good understanding of hands on experience on the SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF)
- NetSuite certifications such as SuiteCloud Developer Certification and Certified NetSuite Administrator.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bird's mission is to make cities more livable by reducing car usage, traffic, and carbon emissions.