Software Engineer, NetSuite/Finapps
We’re looking for a NetSuite Engineer to join our Systems Engineering team. The Systems Engineering team is a tight team of experienced engineers obsessed with efficiency. We focus on building tools to improve the efficiency of Bird: software practices that are simple and easy to understand, infrastructure that is stable and fault tolerant, and cutting edge data infrastructure to support all aspects of the business.
As a Software Engineer, FinApps, you’ll be embedded into our FinApps team where you’ll work closely with the Finance Supply Chain to keep our enterprise/business/ financial systems well oiled.
- Be the technical point of contact for our ERP application (NetSuite)
- Architect, design, build and deliver optimized and scalable NetSuite solutions including customizations, scripting (2.0), integrations and support case resolutions for customization defects
- Stay ahead of the new NetSuite features and functionality, and provide recommendations for improvements
- Perform technical design/code reviews and audits to ensure design objectives are met and standards are followed
- Work with management, product managers and finance business partners to scope work and produce deliverable estimates
- Adapt to changing priorities of the business and seek out ways to develop new skills
- Balance multiple concurrent projects and contending priorities
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- 5+ years of industry experience with emphasis in NetSuite development including SuiteScript and integrations utilizing encryption methodologies
- Ability to write and review SuiteScripts (1.0 & 2.0) from scratch
- Extensive understanding of SuiteFlow, SuiteScript, SuiteBuilder, and Map-Reduce
- Expertise with Celigo Integrator.io and prior experience with building financial application integrations
- Deep understanding of NetSuite architecture and related technologies
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills - high attention to detail is crucial
- General understanding of best practices and business processes in Finance and Accounting
- Basic functional understanding of NetSuite modules in a OneWorld environment such as Record to Report, Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Revenue Recognition, Advanced Inventory, Fixed Assets, Electronic Payments, Multi-Book and Currency Translations/Foreign Exchange is necessary
- At least a fundamental understanding of SOX, Segregation of Duties, Change Management and Information Technology General Controls
- Experience with Data Migration
- Good understanding of hands on experience on the SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF)
- NetSuite certifications such as SuiteCloud Developer Certification and Certified NetSuite Administrator.
Your application has been successfully submitted.