Fixed Asset Accountant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Review fixed asset purchase requests
- Monitor construction in progress for timely fixed asset capitalizations
- Post current month additions, disposals/sales, transfers, and depreciation
- Reconcile fixed asset subledger to general ledger and prepare fixed asset rollforward
- Ensure the adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Actively communicate with assigned business units to review, analyze, and implement standards that directly impact fixed asset accounting
- Assist with various audit and tax preparation functions
- Travel occasionally to perform on-site audits to confirm physical assets on hand are properly classified in the fixed asset subledger
This is what you’ll need
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 2-4 years of accounting experience; experience in fixed assets and manufacturing is a plus
- Strong accounting and reporting (US GAAP) knowledge for assets and project accounting
- Expertise in cost segregation of fixed assets is a plus
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and ERP/MRP systems; experience with SAP is a plus
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously having time-sensitive deadlines
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Proactive, independent thinker who will continuously look for ways to improve existing processes
We Are Rivian
- Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
- We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
- Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
- Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
- Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to our mission is building a team of adventurous individuals det...