Associate Project Manager
Plymouth, MI, USA
- In Finance Operations, you will be an integral part of the team with responsibility to manage key projects and initiatives of the Accounting and Finance function. This will be achieved through building strong cross functional relationships with the members of the Accounting and Finance teams, but also IT, purchasing, sales and marketing, etc.
- Support Project Manager, Finance Operations with planning, reporting, tracking and execution to ensure on-time delivery of all projects. Projects may consist of systems implementations, systems enhancements, process optimization, accounting standards implementations, business combinations, internal training programs and other Finance initiatives.
- Work directly with Project Managers from third party teams and other internal teams to develop detailed project plans, drive collaboration and ensure project success.
- Ensure cross-functional alignment of assigned project plans, scheduling and facilitating project meetings, and tracking progress / resource availability to meet project timing.
- You will be expected to apply the ‘Zoom out’ methodology to ensure that issues or opportunities are not being missed for the team.
- Ensure that risk and opportunity to the project are communicated clearly and within a timely manner
- ‘Go Big’ for your team to demonstrate how things get done together
This is what you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience within accounting or finance operations and or project management
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and projects to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Intellectual curiosity to drive the detailed understanding business performance, decision making, and communication
- Effective communication and strategic thinking skills required
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, with a proven track record of driving initiatives through successful execution and ability to influence stakeholders
- Continuous improvement attitude; ability to suggest and implement best practices
- Strong analytical and problem solving, influencing and change management skills
- Self-starter and constructive team-player with a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Plymouth, MI
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
Your application has been successfully submitted.