This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
The people of Ford Motor Credit Company have a 60-year commitment to helping put people behind the wheels of great Ford and Lincoln vehicles. By partnering with dealerships, we provide financing, personalized service and professional expertise to five thousand dealers and more than four million customers in over 100 countries around the world. If you’re customer-focused, driven and seeking the opportunity to experience exciting challenges and growth, look no further.
What you’ll be able to do
- Working closely with product managers, software engineers and business stakeholders as an integral member of the team providing the voice of the user
- Researching the competitive landscape, industry trends and best practices to help guide team direction and decision making
- Conducting user interviews, focus groups, surveys and synthesizing data to better understand customer wants and needs
- Creating sketches, wireframes, high-fidelity and interactive prototypes
- Conducting user tests and user feedback sessions to drive continuous design iteration and refinement
- Collaborating with other product designers in knowledge sharing and feedback sessions
- Represent the user’s perspective throughout the product lifecycle - from problem discovery, solution ideation and validation through iterative development and delivery
- Guide product decisions by conducting user and market research and receiving iterative feedback. Conduct user tests, user interviews, focus groups, surveys and data synthesis and analysis
- Work as a collaborative team member with business partners, product managers, developers and fellow designers
- Facilitate and lead design thinking sessions with various technical and non-technical partners
- Rapidly iterate and evaluate design prototypes and existing applications
- Develop visual identity systems, data visualizations, visual design, illustrations, etc.
- Produce materials for business partners and developers, including personas, user flows, customer journeys, wireframes, high-fidelity and interactive prototypes
The minimum requirements we seek
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Information Technology, Design or Human Computer Interaction
- 5+ years of experience working as a Product Designer on an agile team
- 5+ years of experience in User Testing and Research
- 5+ years of experience in a User Experience or Interface Design
Our preferred requirements
- Experience mentorship and guiding others in UX and visual design
- Strong communication, presentation and collaboration skills
- Experience conducting discovery and user validation interviews
- Experience conducting heuristic evaluation
- Experience working independently with clients
- Experience crafting full-service consumer and business applications
- Exposure to paired programming and Agile/Lean methodologies
- Understanding of modern front-end technologies and frameworks
- Experience with web and mobile Accessibility.
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
What you’ll receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation and benefits as well as exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we’re Built Ford Tough. We’re one team striving to make people’s lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We build the most beloved truck on the road. The most iconic American sports car. And the SUV most people think of when they think of an SUV.