OTA Product Development Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Better vehicle solutions demand greater insight, imagination and creativity. That’s where Ford Smart Mobility comes in. We are investing in emerging technologies and agile businesses to advance innovations in micro-transit, commercial solutions for fleet customers, enhanced vehicle ownership experience and more. We’re also developing the Transportation Mobility Cloud to host mobility-related solutions. If you have a passion for taking transportation where it’s never been before, consider joining our visionary team.
What you’ll be able to do
- You will serve as thought leader, solution visionary, technology expert and mentor to other engineers.
- Analyze system infrastructure to determine architectural improvements and optimization
- Develop system requirements and system architecture for new functionality to support updating a connected vehicle
- Ad-Hoc testing to validate the requirements
- Develop methodologies to automate testing.
The minimum requirements we seek
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer or Software Science or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience with device firmware and connectivity to the cloud
- 5+ years of experience in the design of Software as a Service and Platform as a Service capabilities
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Ethernet debugging tools (sniffing tools) and the evaluation of appropriate test logs
- 5+ years of experience in the design and implementation of applications that could run on Linux or QNX systems
Our preferred requirements
- 5+ years of experience with IoT protocols like MQTT, AMQP and HTTPS
- 5+ years of experience in the design and development of system requirement and use cases in SysML
- 2+ years of experience in the design and implementation of big data analytics that leverage Hadoop and predictive analytics systems
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps practices and agile methodology
- 5+ years of experience and solid understanding of cloud / networking / distributed computing environments
- 5+ years of hands -on experience with Ethernet systems, preferably Ethernet switches and IEEE802.1 protocol
- 5+ years of experience in the design and implementation of Internet of Things solutions that leverage high volume telemetry ingestion, stream analytics and data visualization
What you’ll receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation and benefits as well as exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we’re Built Ford Tough. We’re one team striving to make people’s lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We build the most beloved truck on the road. The most iconic American sports car. And the SUV most people think of when they think of an SUV.