Technical Product Owner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Better vehicle solutions demand greater insight, imagination and creativity. That’s where Ford Smart Mobility comes in. We are investing in emerging technologies and agile businesses to advance innovations in micro-transit, commercial solutions for fleet customers, enhanced vehicle ownership experience and more. We’re also developing the Transportation Mobility Cloud to host mobility-related solutions. If you have a passion for taking transportation where it’s never been before, consider joining our visionary team.
What you’ll be able to do
The role will serve as the lead product owner for integrating Service into the OTA Platform solutions. The product owner will be accountable for E2E service integration into the platform and creating the vision/roadmap for what next. The product owner will be innovating, creating user stories, working with enterprise architecture, integrating of the systems, backlog and prioritization and validating that the solution meets the intent.
- Prioritize service centricity, ensuring products offer a positive service experience by taking a human-centered approach.
- Conduct benchmarking/analysis to ensure solutions are best within Ford and Industry.
- Work directly with the product management team to provide what the user wants, needs, and shape into a cohesive user experience.
- Develop system requirements and system architecture for new functionality to support updating a connected vehicle
- Ad-Hoc testing to validate the requirements
- Collaborate with Product Manager and development team to ensure that a robust solution is achieved through the backlog and implementation of user stories.
- Reduce risk by conducting hackathons, building prototypes, and managing expectations to ensure service and dealer feedback is received early and often.
- Have understanding of underlying technologies to balance user needs with technical capabilities.
The minimum requirements we seek
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in the design and development of system requirement and use cases in SysML
- 3+ years of experience in the design of Software as a Service and Platform as a Service capabilities
- 3+ years of experience with agile software delivery and iterative software development.
Our preferred requirements
- Proven ability in working directly with end users and understanding customer needs.
- Thorough understanding and experience with IoT protocols like MQTT, AMQP and HTTPS
- Good understanding of concepts like Device Provisioning & Management, Device Twin, Edge Analytics and demonstrable application of these concepts in past projects
- Skills in both business relationship management and technical development of requirements.
What you’ll receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation and benefits as well as exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we’re Built Ford Tough. We’re one team striving to make people’s lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We build the most beloved truck on the road. The most iconic American sports car. And the SUV most people think of when they think of an SUV.