Senior Analyst - Portfolio Management
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hannon Armstrong (NYSE: HASI) is the first U.S. public company solely dedicated to investments in climate change solutions, providing capital to leading companies in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and other sustainable infrastructure markets. With more than $6 billion in managed assets as of June 30, 2020, Hannon Armstrong's core purpose is to make climate-positive investments with superior risk-adjusted returns. For more information, please visit www.hannonarmstrong.com. Follow Hannon Armstrong on LinkedIn and Twitter @HannonArmstrong
Hannon Armstrong is seeking an experienced professional to join our Portfolio Management team in Annapolis, MD. The Senior Analyst will be primarily responsible for analyzing and orchestrating financial and commercial activities related to the management of our portfolio of physical infrastructure investments, primarily in wind and solar.
Key responsibilities include serving as a liaison with asset management counterparties at sponsors (owners/operators), portfolio financial modeling, forecasting, asset operations and maintenance (O&M) analysis, performing location-based analytics with ArcGIS and other software platforms, developing and maintaining internal data management systems and dashboards, risk management, asset optimization, and performing ad hoc analysis as required. The Senior Analyst will play a pivotal role internally in ensuring seamless portfolio management cross-functionally with our investment, legal, accounting, and treasury teams.
The individual will report to the Senior Director – Portfolio Management.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution preferred with a major/minor in accounting, finance, economics, data science or related fields
- Relevant Master’s degree, CFA or other certification is preferred
- Act as primary liaison with the asset management teams at our external stakeholders - sponsors (owner/operators) and lenders/co-equity investors. This position will “own” the asset and be required to maintain an understanding of the underlying project assets (technical & contractual) as well as our investment structures, including managing operational reviews, financial updates and optimization, and entity governance
- Portfolio Performance: manage and maintain investment data in software systems on an ongoing basis, monitor and analyze operating and financial performance across the portfolio; conduct variance analysis of project and investment portfolio specific performance
- Facilitate seamless transition at closing of investments and provide feedback on experience from the existing portfolio to strengthen future investment underwriting
- Support due diligence on new investments with a focus on key commercial contract terms, developing portfolio key metrics tracking for in house pro forma forecasting, analysis and assumption integrity
- Support compliance monitoring: including tracking and recording sponsor and investor communications and compliance calendar; project contract compliance; insurance; and regulatory (including FERC asset tracking)
- Enhance power market/REC tracking intelligence (including basis, congestion, curtailment trends) and support strategies for portfolio optimization management
- Act a lead on any underperforming assets or workouts, in order to maximize value, including assumption of project operational requirements and negotiation of any restructurings or dispositions
- Provide financial modeling and other necessary support for internal accounting and treasury teams to support corporate reporting requirements and cash flow forecasting
- Understand and internally communicate deal and transaction specifics and field ad-hoc requests from the business around investment data, performance and processes
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to facilitate the complete, accurate, and timely onboarding of new transactions and ongoing monitoring of investments
- Work with IT resources to support the ongoing build out of software systems, reports, and analytics, as needed
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building financial models using Excel required
- Experience working with modern data analytics and reporting tools (Business Objects, Tableau) preferred
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, innovative, entrepreneurial environment
- Dependable and reliable, takes initiative, can work independently, and be a supportive team member
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities
The Company maintains a policy of non-discrimination in employment and complies with and supports all Federal, state, and local laws regarding discrimination in employment. Specifically, the Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices against any employee, intern, or applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), or any other characteristic to the extent prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Decisions regarding staffing, selection, and promotions are made on the basis of individual qualifications related to the requirements of the position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Hannon Armstrong (NYSE: HASI) is the first U.S. public company solely dedicated to investments in climate change solutions, providing capital to leadi...