Reporting Analyst - Portfolio Management
Annapolis, MD, USA
Hannon Armstrong (NYSE: HASI) is the first U.S. public company solely dedicated to investments in climate change solutions, providing capital to leading companies in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and other sustainable infrastructure markets. With more than $6 billion in managed assets as of June 30, 2020, Hannon Armstrong's core purpose is to make climate-positive investments with superior risk-adjusted returns. For more information, please visit www.hannonarmstrong.com. Follow Hannon Armstrong on LinkedIn and Twitter @HannonArmstrong.
Hannon Armstrong is seeking an experienced professional to join our Portfolio Management team in Annapolis, MD. The Reporting Analyst will be primarily responsible for analyzing and orchestrating financial and commercial activities related to the management of our portfolio of physical infrastructure investments, primarily in land and solar.
Key responsibilities include serving as a liaison with asset management counterparties at sponsors (owners/operators) and investors, cash flow monitoring, posting of cash receipts, preparation of periodic external investor reports, financial modeling, forecasting, asset optimization, and performing ad hoc analysis as required. The Reporting Analyst will play a pivotal role internally in ensuring seamless portfolio management cross-functionally with our investment, legal, accounting, and treasury teams and providing external investor reporting.
The individual will report to the Senior Director – Portfolio Management.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution preferred with a major/minor in accounting, finance, economics, data science or related fields
- Support the on-going management of the Hannon Armstrong’s land and solar portfolio, including onboarding new investments, sponsor interface, reviewing monthly operating reports, financial statements, operating budgets and updating and maintaining internal portfolio management and asset/liability management database and reporting
- Portfolio Reporting: monitoring and financial analysis across portfolio of land and solar assets. Perform cash receipts postings, bank reconciliations and reporting
- Act as liaison with external investors to provide ongoing management of liabilities related to land and solar portfolio. Prepare periodic investor reports and manage investor consent process as needed
- Provide financial modeling and other necessary support for internal accounting and treasury teams to support corporate reporting requirements and cash flow forecasting
- Periodic review of assets for any optimization opportunities, with a particular focus on issues/opportunities in Hannon’s land and solar investment portfolio
- Support compliance monitoring in coordination with accounting: including tracking and recording sponsor and investor communications and compliance calendar; project contract compliance; insurance and regulatory
- Support due diligence on new investments with a focus on key commercial contract terms (project level and financing), developing portfolio key metrics tracking for in house pro forma forecasting, analysis and assumption integrity
- Facilitate seamless transition at closing of investments and provide feedback on experience from the existing portfolio to strengthen future investment underwriting
- Understand and internally communicate deal and transaction specifics and field ad-hoc requests from the business around investment data, performance and processes
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to facilitate the complete, accurate, and timely onboarding of new transactions and ongoing monitoring of investments
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, preference for individuals with real estate experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced experience using Excel required and experience working with modern data analytics and reporting tools (Cassiopae, Business Objects, Tableau) preferred
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities and to assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, innovative, entrepreneurial environment
- Dependable and reliable, takes initiative, can work independently, and be a supportive team member
The Company maintains a policy of non-discrimination in employment and complies with and supports all Federal, state, and local laws regarding discrimination in employment. Specifically, the Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices against any employee, intern, or applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), or any other characteristic to the extent prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Decisions regarding staffing, selection, and promotions are made on the basis of individual qualifications related to the requirements of the position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.