Director - Portfolio Management
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hannon Armstrong (NYSE: HASI) is the first U.S. public company solely dedicated to investments in climate change solutions, providing capital to leading companies in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and other sustainable infrastructure markets. With more than $6 billion in managed assets as of June 30, 2020, Hannon Armstrong's core purpose is to make climate-positive investments with superior risk-adjusted returns. For more information, please visit www.hannonarmstrong.com. Follow Hannon Armstrong on LinkedIn and Twitter @HannonArmstrong.
Hannon Armstrong is seeking an experienced asset management professional in the renewable energy sector to join our Portfolio Management team in Annapolis, MD. The Director Portfolio Management will be responsible for leading key financial and commercial activities related to the management of our portfolio of physical infrastructure investments, primarily in wind and solar.
Key responsibilities include serving as a senior relationship manager with asset management counterparties at our sponsors partners, performing portfolio monitoring, financial modeling, risk management, asset optimization analysis, contract review and negotiation, and overseeing the development and maintenance of internal reporting systems and dashboards. The Director Portfolio Management will play a pivotal role internally in ensuring seamless portfolio management cross-functionally with our investment, legal, accounting, and treasury teams.
The individual will report to the EVP Portfolio Management.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution with a major/minor in accounting, finance, economics, data science or related fields
- Relevant Master’s degree, CFA, CPA or other certification is preferred
- The Director Portfolio Management will work closely with the Senior Director to lead a team of analysts and managers responsible for maximizing the financial performance of our renewables portfolio. The position requires maintaining an understanding of the underlying project assets and our investment structures (financial, technical & contractual), including managing operational reviews, compliance, financial updates and optimization, and entity governance
- Act as primary liaison with the asset management teams at our external stakeholders - sponsors (owner/operators) and lenders/co-equity investors.
- Manage the maintenance of investment data in software systems on an ongoing basis, monitor and analyze operating and financial performance across the portfolio, conduct variance analysis of project and investment portfolio specific performance
- Support due diligence on new investments with a focus on providing feedback on experience from the existing portfolio to strengthen future investment underwriting, including reviewing key commercial contract terms, opining on revenue and expense assumptions and general alignment of interests with our partners. In addition, responsible for developing key metrics tracking for in-house pro forma forecasting, analysis and assumption integrity.
- Support compliance monitoring: including tracking and recording sponsor and investor communications and compliance calendar; project contract compliance; insurance; and regulatory
- Enhance power market/REC tracking intelligence (including basis, congestion, curtailment trends) and support strategies for portfolio optimization management
- Act a lead on any underperforming assets or workouts, including assumption of project operational requirements and negotiation of any restructurings or dispositions
- Provide financial modeling and other necessary support for internal accounting and treasury teams to support corporate reporting requirements and cash flow forecasting
- Understand and internally communicate deal and transaction specifics and field ad-hoc requests from the business around investment data, performance and processes
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to facilitate the complete, accurate, and timely onboarding of new transactions and ongoing monitoring of investments
- Work with IT resources to support the ongoing build out of software systems, reports, and analytics, as needed to reduce inefficiencies and implement operational Best Practices
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, with at least 5 years’ experience in asset management in the renewable energy industry
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of commercial contracts, operations and maintenance, power marketing, and regulations related to renewable utility scale and distributed generation power projects
- Demonstrable leadership skills--ability to manage a team with multiple priorities and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in building and updating financial models and experience working with modern data analytics and reporting tools (Business Objects, Tableau)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, innovative, entrepreneurial environment
- Dependable, organized, detail-oriented, can work independently, and be a supportive team member
The Company maintains a policy of non-discrimination in employment and complies with and supports all Federal, state, and local laws regarding discrimination in employment. Specifically, the Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices against any employee, intern, or applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), or any other characteristic to the extent prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Decisions regarding staffing, selection, and promotions are made on the basis of individual qualifications related to the requirements of the position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Hannon Armstrong (NYSE: HASI) is the first U.S. public company solely dedicated to investments in climate change solutions, providing capital to leadi...