Project Manager or Senior Project Manager
Woburn, MA, USA
Looking to work on meaningful projects?
- Wish you could contribute to fighting COVID?
- Universal access to clean drinking water?
- Eliminating plastic waste?
Folia has invented solutions to all of these: anti-viral face masks, a 20 cent water purifier, and advanced paper food packaging.
We're looking for mission-driven professionals to join our team as we move from R&D to commercialization in 2021. We are looking to hire immediately.
Folia Materials is making a safer, cleaner, and healthier world. Our patent-pending silver coating for paper adds anti-viral, anti-microbial, or other advanced functionality to products at the lowest cost possible by using commodity inputs and standard industrial coating machinery. Our silver-coated paper is then made into mass market consumer products. Product lines you would be working on:
1. Folia Health: we don't make anti-viral PPE, we make PPE anti-viral.
Anti-viral face masks using our anti-viral coating to make a paper outer layer for face masks. FDA approval is pending for our anti-viral 3-ply face masks at $1 MSRP.
2. Folia Water Filters: the world's first water filter for pennies, not dollars, a new mass market grocery staple for South Asia
The Folia Water Filter is a 20 cent - 20 liter antimicrobial paper water purifier that is the world's first ever water filter with grocery store pricing. Our Unilever-sponsored Bangladesh sales pilot has consumer-product market fit and we are scaling to district-scale sales. http://www.foliawater.com/
3. Folia Food Packaging, paper not plastic: in stealth development with a Fortune 100 food company
Project Manager / Senior Project Manager position
Folia is looking for a project manager to join our product team as each of our product lines moves from the R&D team to regularized manufacturing and sales. The immediate task will be shepherding our anti-viral face masks through manufacturing scale up and FDA approval.
This will expand from a part time position to a full time position as the face masks launch commercially and will likely expand to project supervision for all three product lines.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent time-management and problem-solving abilities who thrives in fast-paced environments. You're well organized, have high EQ, and can work with a team across departments/functions to create budgets and timelines, and can then keep the team moving forward. Key is the ability to rapidly solve new problems as they arise by working with our staff, our vendors, and our clients. Startup environments are about rapid change and flexibility, problems are inevitable, success requires finding easy quick solutions that make everyone happy and keep things moving. Most of all, we are looking for a doer: real world problem solving experience in a startup or other highly dynamic and challenging environment is more important than formal credentialing.
- Problem solving
- Project management - Planning, timeline, budgets, admin, operations. Getting things done.
- Project team coordination - Work with our team, document information and keeping it flowing between team members. Follow up. Day to day admin and information collation to keep the project moving. The project manager will work *with* everyone in our materials, engineering, and science departments. In corporate-speak: you will manage across the matrix not as a line manager. But then we think The Matrix is a documentary about Keanu Reeves.
- Manufacturing operations - Work with Folia's materials, supply chain, and engineering staff as well as manufacturing vendors to have paper coated and then made into final products.
- Communicate with clients - Work with enterprise corporate clients to understand their internal requirements, then set project expectations and timelines, and grow the relationship.
- Track and communicate progress - Timelines, budgets, presentations and high level reports to company leadership for data-based strategic decisions.
- Problem solving - Did we mention how important problem solving is?
- Team - Did we use the word 'with' enough times above? Collaboration is everything. There is no Folia without Team Folia.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, a related field, or professional exposure
- Work experience in physical products manufacturing, design or similar e.g. manufacturing, materials, biotech, cleantech, consumer goods, engineering, logistics, or similar.
- 4-10 years project management experience, operations, or equivalent, i.e. the Department of Getting Things Done
- Manufacturing experience or adjacent functional domain, e.g. product design, quality control, supply chain operations
- Great EQ, experience managing teams and driving results
- Excellent communication skills: able to communicate complex ideas in an organized and coherent manner to a non-technical audience
- Extremely detail oriented and follows up no matter how small the task
- Experience working on regulated products, GMP manufacturing, or QMS systems: biotech, food, cosmetics, materials, or similar physical products requiring formalized quality systems
- Reel to reel manufacturing experience: paper, nonwovens, textiles, coating, packaging, converting, or similar
- Appreciation for fine puns and working with product team's merry band of scientists and engineers
Folia's primary lab and HQ is in Woburn MA. Folia has a satellite engineering workshop at Greentown Labs in Somerville MA. For the duration of COVID our team is working remotely whenever possible, e.g. 1-3 days a week.
Folia is a diverse workplace. We have employees from all backgrounds and have had staff or advisors from every continent. We promote a friendly collaborative open work culture that prioritizes creativity and performance.
Please include a cover letter discussing why you are a good fit.
Your application has been successfully submitted.