VP Business Development
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Looking to work on meaningful projects?
Want to contribute to fighting COVID?
How many lives could you save by using your business and sales skills to make $1 anti-viral face masks ubiquitous? To have everyone not just wearing face masks, but anti-viral face masks?
Folia’s anti-viral paper coating makes face masks anti-viral.
Our FDA-approval is pending for an anti-SARS-CoV-2 claim. MSRP will be $1.
Our patent-pending coating process uses standard industrial paper coating equipment, able to make anti-viral paper for 10 million masks a week... on a single mid-size machine. We're aiming to make a billion masks.
Folia is looking for a mission-driven executive to lead the commercialization of Folia's anti-viral face masks and sell a billion masks. Someone who thinks big. Someone to set our go-to-market strategy, lead enterprise sales, land our first deals, then hire and lead a specialist sales team.
An entrepreneurial executive to join our management team to lead sales of the Folia Health product line.
Folia Materials is making a safer, cleaner, and healthier world. Our patent-pending silver coating for paper adds anti-viral, anti-microbial, or other advanced functionality to products at the lowest cost possible by using commodity inputs and standard industrial coating machinery. Our silver-coated paper is then made into mass market consumer products. Our complete set of product lines are:
1. Folia PPE: we don't make anti-viral PPE, we make PPE anti-viral.
Anti-viral face masks using our anti-viral coating to make a paper outer layer for face masks. FDA approval is pending for our anti-viral 3-ply face masks at $1 MSRP. Future: other anti-viral PPE use cases.
2. Folia Water Filters: the world's first water filter for pennies, not dollars, a new mass market grocery staple for South Asia
The Folia Water Filter is a 20 cent - 20 liter antimicrobial paper water purifier that is the world's first ever water filter with grocery store pricing. Our Unilever-sponsored Bangladesh sales pilot has consumer-product market fit and we are scaling to district-scale sales. http://www.foliawater.com/
3. Folia Packaging, paper not plastic: in stealth development with a Fortune 100 food company
Position: VP Business Development, Folia PPE
Folia is looking for an entrepreneurial executive to lead global sales of our anti-viral face masks / paper grade. International sales and U.S. pre-sales can begin immediately, with U.S. FDA approval expected in early 2021.
The ideal candidate is a rainmaker. You can sell. And then you can manage a team selling. But that's all possible because you bring a deep methodical understanding of marketing and sales: relationship building, B2B partner development, enterprise sales, strategy, and execution.
We are looking for someone to lead commercialization. A player-coach who can get us first sales and then hire and manage a sales team to repeat and grow sales. To set a go-to-market strategy then do what it takes to get to success.
We have a variety of B2B go-to-market options. Examples include:
- B2B to face mask brands
- Consumer healthcare sales, e.g. JnJ or CVS
- Healthcare consumables, e.g. Cardinal Health or large hospital systems
- B2B white label to grocery or retail chains
- B2B through wholesalers
- B2B2G government agencies or health systems through business partners
After establishing initial business partnerships and sales, you will recruit and lead an experienced enterprise sales team with vertical-specific experience and relationships mapping to your chosen marketing strategy.
We are looking to hire immediately.
- Go to market / marketing strategy - determine go to market strategy sequencing, priority, best path(s).
- B2B enterprise sales - B2B pipeline lead identification, B2B sales relationship development, channel partner management as appropriate.
- Sales execution - Create initial sales materials, negotiations, incentives and pricing, contracts.
- Consumer marketing - technical understanding and data collection as needed to drive marketing strategy, sales, and pricing.
- Business development team - future: recruiting, team management, set KPIs and incentives. Build a successful B2B sales organization.
- Enterprise sales support - account management. Future: hire enterprise account managers as part of an enterprise key account sales-support team.
- Problem solving - solve inevitable problems in a startup environment. We are not a large corporate, so there is no giant organization to manage, you must fix and build
- Track and communicate progress
- Work with the product team - Work with the Materials R&D, Engineering, and Science teams on product technical performance and technical sales support. Future: guide new product development.
- 10+ years business development experience or VP/C-level B2B sales experience
- Work experience in physical products e.g. manufacturing, materials, biotech, cleantech, consumer goods, engineering, or similar
- Entrepreneurial drive, a self starter able to build from zero
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or physical sciences, or professional experience in biotech, materials, manufacturing, or other physical product industries
- Experience managing teams and driving results
- Excellent communication skills: able to communicate complex ideas in an organized and coherent manner to a non-technical audience
- Data analysis, sales forecasting, and financial modeling to support strategic business decisions and B2B sales
- Business development experience in medical, healthcare, biotech, consumer health, or similar
- Previous senior-level startup or management experience
- MBA or similar
- Experience working on regulated products, GMP manufacturing, or QMS systems: biotech, food, cosmetics, materials, or similar physical products requiring formalized quality systems
- Physical product sales: consumer goods, consumer health, medical devices, healthcare, pharma
Remote. Post-COVID: quarterly trips to HQ in Woburn MA, the NW suburbs of Boston.
Location in the Boston metro would be a bonus for establishing relationships with our product team. But won’t matter for initial sales or future sales team management.
Folia is a diverse workplace. We have employees from all backgrounds and have had staff or advisors from every continent. We promote a friendly collaborative open work culture that prioritizes creativity and performance.
Please include a cover letter discussing why you are a good fit.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Folia Materials is making a safer, cleaner, and healthier world. Our patent-pending silver coating for paper adds anti-viral, anti-microbial, or other...