Senior Data Pipeline Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Tagup, we use machine learning to make the machines that power the world safer, more reliable, and more efficient. As a rapidly scaling AI/ML technology company, we are looking to expand our team.
Our current data pipeline is a collection of various AWS services, including Kinesis, DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, and custom Python. We are looking to hire a Principal Engineer to own defining and executing on our longer-term streaming pipeline architecture to meet the needs of our growing customer base and data volumes. This position is a high-impact role for ensuring our data science and product engineering teams' continued success, enabling easy development and deployment of performant machine learning models and providing streaming insights to our customer platform.
- Architect, build and maintain a highly-available streaming data pipeline for high volumes of sensor data. We strongly encourage Principal Engineers to tinker with existing tools and stay up to date and test new technologies to ensure that our existing systems don't stagnate or deteriorate.
- Actively partner with data science and the rest of product engineering to clearly define boundaries for and ownership of pipeline components.
- Incrementally deliver pipeline milestones aligned with business goals. Iterate to improve performance and reliability.
- Lead data pipeline team and assist with recruiting as we continue to grow.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience, including Java, Scala, Python, and/or C++-.
- Strong problem solving, software design and architecture skills.
- Hands-on work experience with architecting, building, and maintaining a big data pipeline using tools such as Spark [Streaming], Flink, Hadoop, Storm, Apex.
- Familiarity with relevant cloud services (Kinesis, SageMaker, EMR, Redshift, Azure ML Studio)- Enjoys "build vs. buy" discussions to ensure our focus remains on core values.
- Experience with time-series data and databases (InfluxDB, TimescaleDB, Kdb+)
- Experience with ML/AI (extra bonus points for GPU computing)
- Experience with regulatory compliance (PCI, GDPR, HIPAA, etc.)
- Exposure to third-party providers (Databricks, Snowflake)
As a fast growing technology company, we offer all members of the team part-ownership through an Employee Stock Option Plan. We also offer health insurance benefits, discounted gym memberships, and encourage a team-oriented work environment with regular company outings.
Tagup is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies: Tagup does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Tagup employees or any other organization location. Tagup is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tagup provides a platform for industrial equipment manufacturers to monitor their install base, classify equipment operating modes, and predict equipm...