HR & Payroll Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop advanced technology to rid the world’s oceans of plastic. Our HR team supports our mission by providing HR support that is transparent and flexible so our crew can fully focus on ridding the world’s oceans of plastic.
“This is a great opportunity to join our fast-paced and growing team where you can help further improve our HR processes. Looking forward to welcoming an HR & Payroll Coordinator that can bring structure and accuracy.” - Josee Meiners, HR Director
To support our growing organization, we are looking for a proactive and service-oriented HR & Payroll Coordinator who will be the ‘go-to person’ for our crew concerning all HR administration and payroll queries.
Your responsibilities include
- Maintain The Ocean Cleanup’s HR administration
- Coordinate onboarding and offboarding procedures
- Assisting international crew with relocation process; applications for work permits, and 30% ruling
- Prepare HR documents such as contracts, extension letters, and employer statements
- Taking care of our monthly payroll run
- First point of contact for queries from crew
- Gathering HR data for audits.
- Benefits administration, such as the pension contribution and employee insurances
- HR reporting: producing monthly FTE reports and report on our HR KPI’s
- Assisting in the recruitment process
- Supporting the HR Director and Talent manager and closely coordinating with the Finance team
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Financial administration or Business administration
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in payroll and HR administration in an international organization
- Experience with the onboarding process of international hires is a plus
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both written and spoken
- Experienced user in Microsoft Office (Excel) and payroll software
- Able to prioritize and adapt
- Motivated to continuously work towards process and/or system improvement
- Accurate, detail-oriented, and structured
- An affinity with numbers
- Good communication skills
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful mission
Please note: because we are a non-profit, our salaries reflect that of an organization fully reliant on donations, rather than that of a commercial entity.
WORK PERMIT NEEDED: European Union
A valid European Union work permit is highly preferred for this position. However, feel free to send an open application so we can contact you if an opportunity arises in your country.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technologies to rid the world’s oceans of plastic.