This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for an exceptional R&D mechanical engineer to drive the creation of Nebia’s next-generation shower and faucet products, and investigate future product lines, including mechatronic systems. The ideal candidate is excited about design-driven consumer products, as well as applying industrial technologies and hands-on experimental abilities to make world-class user experiences. This position involves establishing and designing to product performance requirements, hands-on experimental design, experimental execution and data processing, making physical prototypes to meet design constraints, and designing for mass production. Nebia is committed to growing a diverse team. Women and people from historically underrepresented minority groups are highly encouraged to apply.
- Work with the Nebia executive team to build, refine, and execute Nebia’s product roadmap
- Design and construct nozzle, shower/faucet, and product prototypes (CAD, 3D printing and post-processing, laser-cutting, machining, gluing, leak checking)
- Run performance experiments on nozzles, showers and faucets, and other products in the lab and with beta testers (flow tests, stress tests, leak tests, adhesive tests)
- Perform product benchmarking/teardowns/write-ups for showers or other products of interest
- Consult with suppliers, customers, and internal departments to proactively solve problems
- Design fixtures for assembly and test builds
- Work with Nebia’s and external product design teams to bring products through R&D and into mass production
- Other projects and responsibilities as they arise
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- 2 years (or more) of mechanical engineering R&D experience
- Bachelors or Masters coursework in thermal fluid sciences
- 1-2 years experience with computer-aided design software, preferably SolidWorks
- Experience with designing mechatronic systems
- Experience building early stage prototypes with demonstrated proficiency in a machine shop
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative whenever possible
- Detail oriented, organized, and capable of handling multiple assignments at once
- The opportunity: Contribute at a growing, mission-driven San Francisco startup
- The team: Join a team of thoughtful individuals who truly care about the work we do
- The office: We have a beautiful space located in San Francisco’s Mission District
- The work-life balance: We work hard and understand the value of time off too
If this sounds like the role for you, please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We re-invent the way people experience water, and try to leave the planet in a better place.