Head of Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Main areas of focus: Subscriptions, Acquisition, Engagement, Digital Marketing, Community Experience
Location: This opportunity is open to any applicant eligible to work in the U.S. or have an existing U.S. work permit. We are a remote workplace. We are a fully remote workplace through the end of 2021.
You’ll be responsible for growing and retaining the audience for The Spring, our monthly membership program.
As the Head Marketing, you’ll be responsible for spearheading our lifecycle marketing strategy, overseeing performance channels, retention and supporter experience. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, you’ll own day-to-day marketing budget management and performance across marketing channels. Working across teams including Brand, Brand Partnerships, Operations, and Finance, you’ll develop infrastructure and systematic capabilities that drive growth and value for the company.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Developing and executing an innovative marketing strategy to grow The Spring membership and revenue
- Defining yearly goals, strategies, tactics, success metrics and roadmaps
- Developing a full-funnel marketing plan to identify new prospective member audiences and/or communities, improve retention, and increase donations from current member base, leveraging engaged members as advocates for The Spring
- Designing yearly A/B testing plans for creative assets
- Defining and building the future state of the Marketing team at charity: water
- Managing the execution of marketing plans across the team
- Overseeing budgeting, forecasting, and reporting at the channel level for traffic, revenue, spend, customer acquisition cost, and other performance KPIs
- Overseeing agency relationships owned by the team
- Working cross-functionally to fully comprehend donor journeys and optimize the experience for audience development and acquisition
- Effectively communicating insights to identify lead generation and up-sell opportunities to build and retain our member base
- Interpreting data and trends to inform a successful marketing strategy
- Managing the Marketing team, including performance marketing, retention marketing and partnerships marketing
- Representing the Marketing function across the organization, driving a donor-centric team culture
YOU MUST HAVE…
- 8+ years of experience in a digital marketing role with a proven track record in driving user acquisition and revenue growth
- Track record of successfully managing cross-platform experiences, generating multi-million dollar revenue streams year-over-year
- An exceptional grasp and ability to utilize all aspects of digital marketing and relevant data to drive successful program development
- A strong goal-oriented and metrics-driven work approach
- Experience generating accurate forecasts and managing budgets
- Demonstrated ability to apply logical thought processing to problem solve and recommend solutions
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Analytics, Looker, Segment and/or an equivalent software
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Mastery of marketing automation platforms
- Managed third-party agency relationships and performance
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You're a strategic thinker
You have the strategic prowess and social intelligence required to proactively help build scalable models that leverage charity: water's brand, assets, relationships, and opportunities to meet growth goals.
You know what you’re doing and have a track record to prove it
You have a history of driving successful initiatives with measurable results that have impacted the bottom line. Your years of applicable experience have cultivated your wisdom and nuanced creativity for this position.
You're agile and pragmatic
You like getting things done, are disciplined about time management, and consider yourself a remover of obstacles.
You have a team ethos and are collaborative by nature
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments. You find joy in mentoring team members so they can maximize their effectiveness.
You’re a great communicator
You are an astute listener and you articulate your vision clearly. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds. You keep everyone in the know so that the job gets done efficiently and effectively. You see yourself as a translator, you’re trained to interpret multiple needs from different sources, and to find a common language amongst various stakeholders.
You’re extremely organized and detail-oriented
You prioritize well and are able to manage important projects, schedules, and communications in an orderly fashion.
The Subscription team is a sophisticated group of product managers, designers, engineers, and marketers that power our unique monthly giving platform, The Spring. They focus on developing a first in class experience for our Spring monthly donors while building a product that invites transparency, generosity, and community.
At charity: water, our team of world changers believe that water changes everything. As a non-profit organization, we work to bring sustainable solutions, providing clean and safe drinking water to those in developing countries. Since 2006, we’ve been able to bring healthier living conditions to over 11 million people in 29 countries. With the inner makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a whole new kind of generosity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
charity: water is a non-profit bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations. Since 2006, we've funded more than 59,000 water...