Director of Product Management
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Main areas of focus: Subscriptions, Growth, Business Intelligence, Engagement, Virality, Community
Location: This opportunity is open to any applicant eligible to work in the U.S. or have an existing U.S. work permit. We are a fully remote workplace through the end of 2021.
You’ll lead product development, design, business intelligence, and supporter experience for our consumer products, with emphasis on growing The Spring, our monthly membership program.
As the Director of Product Development, you will own Product Management, Product Design, Business Intelligence, and Supporter Experience and will work with these tracks and our product teams to bring to market excellent new products and services that accelerate growth and deepen engagement. You will be responsible for building a product culture at charity: water and for enabling teams to collaborate to create a cohesive donor user journey across our product set and revenue lines. You will work with teams across the organization and hand in hand with Engineering and Creative to drive key decisions and strategy, rapidly test, build, launch and scale initiatives. This role reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Defining yearly goals, strategies, tactics, success metrics, and roadmaps
- Leading product vision, strategy, design, development, and execution
- Aligning product team roadmaps and our current product set to deliver against consumer revenue strategy and create an ecosystem of products that work together to drive value
- Generally upleveling the product set and development process and creating a product culture in line with charity: water’s core values
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, and decisions across the organization--from partner teams to executives
- Being a champion for our users while driving greater reach, engagement, satisfaction, and loyalty
- Defining and building the future organizational structure and operating process of the Product, Product Design, and Supporter Experience teams at charity: water
YOU MUST HAVE…
- 8+ years of experience in a product or product design leadership role with a proven track record in building innovative products that drive growth and engagement
- Demonstrated progressive team management responsibilities
- Experience overseeing Product and Product Design teams
- Experience at a high growth company or with a high-growth product set
- Proven experience taking ideas from concept to market
- Ability to generate accurate product-related forecasts and deliver results to plan
- Proven ability at breaking problems into component parts and delivering solutions, quickly
- Innate collaboration skills and equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, positioning with product marketers, metrics with business intelligence, and strategy with executive leadership
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Experience with subscription-based products
- Strategic, analytical, and creative skill sets
- A strong bias for action
- Entrepreneurial drive--we function much more like a start-up than a non-profit organization
- Interest in cross-functional collaboration to uplevel our work across the organization
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You're a strategic thinker
You have the strategic prowess and social intelligence required to proactively help build scalable models that leverage charity: water's brand, assets, relationships, and opportunities to meet growth goals.
You know what you’re doing and have a track record to prove it
You have a history of driving successful initiatives with measurable results that have impacted the bottom line. Your years of applicable experience have cultivated your wisdom and nuanced creativity for this position.
You're agile and pragmatic
You like getting things done, are disciplined about time management, and consider yourself a remover of obstacles.
You have a team ethos and are collaborative by nature
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments. You find joy in mentoring team members so they can maximize their effectiveness.
You’re a great communicator
You are an astute listener and you articulate your vision clearly. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds. You’re a translator, trained to interpret multiple needs from different sources and to find a common language amongst various stakeholders.
You’re extremely organized and detail-oriented
You prioritize well and can manage important projects, schedules, and communications in an orderly fashion.
The Subscription team is a sophisticated group of product managers, designers, engineers, and marketers that power our unique monthly giving platform, The Spring. They focus on developing a first in class experience for our Spring monthly donors while building a product that invites transparency, generosity, and community.
At charity: water, our team of world changers believe that water changes everything. As a non-profit organization, we work to bring sustainable solutions, providing clean and safe drinking water to those in developing countries. Since 2006, we’ve been able to bring healthier living conditions to over 11 million people in 29 countries. With the inner makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a whole new kind of generosity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
charity: water is a non-profit bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations. Since 2006, we've funded more than 59,000 water...