Director of Enterprise Program Management
Berkeley, CA, USA
At the forefront of farming and food, Memphis Meats is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. Memphis Meats is a mission-driven company focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this job
At Memphis Meats, we have set highly ambitious, world-changing goals for our company that will require close collaboration across a wide array of functions and teams. The Director of Enterprise Program Management will help lead our most complex, mission-critical initiatives to successful outcomes. This person will directly manage cross-functional initiatives while building our internal project management capability with training and tools.
- Manage cross functional program teams through creation and execution of robust program plans
- Identify and coordinate appropriate internal and external resources to support effective program execution
- Proactively engage in problem-solving to minimize delays and execution risks -- go beyond just surfacing potential risks
- Efficiently and regularly communicate the status of our most critical initiatives to functional leads, senior leadership and board
- Track program level spend vs. budget and course-correct as needed
- Create a consistent PM toolkit and training regimen to enable our teams to effectively project-manage with their functions
- 10+ years of experience in relevant program management roles in industries with physical infrastructure and complex supply chains (i.e. biotech/biopharma, consumer goods, industrial goods)
- BS/BA degree in Life Sciences or a related discipline preferred
- Highly resilient; you find strength and motivation when faced with unforeseen challenges and roadblocks
- Proven ability to effectively build relationships and achieve alignment across a wide range of functions and constituents
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization including senior leadership and technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Able to problem-solve in diverse functional areas with the support of subject matter experts
- Proficient in designing and training other in use of program management tools (e.g. Jira, Asana, Microsoft Project, Visio)
- Successful track record of bringing new products to market (preferred)
- Start-up experience and building out a Program Management Office from scratch (preferred)
Your application has been successfully submitted.