Berkeley, CA, USA
At the forefront of food innovation, Memphis Meats is defining new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Memphis Meats is a mission-driven company focused on bringing an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious to the future generation of meat lovers! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make cell-based meat a reality in the near future.
About this job
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating visually inspiring materials and experiences for our Brand and supporting our Creative team’s capability to support other internal departments with design needs. The Designer’s responsibilities include transforming strategic brand directions into effective visual solutions that help different stakeholders engage with our Brand -- from the look and feel of our website, to signage of our pilot plant facility, to product packaging. As part of the Brand & Creative team you will also support our mission to ensure a consistent brand visual application. This position’s approach includes evaluating a brief from multiple audience perspectives, developing concepts that are emotionally compelling, and reviewing business results to learn from and inform future work. We’re looking for individuals with a true passion for design, enthusiastic, and who love to collaborate.
- Create and design internal and external assets for the company: Ensure that assets are aligned with business strategies, upholding brand guidelines in all visual communication; Collaborate with Media and Communications teams to develop creative concepts, graphics and illustrations and photography to support their work; This includes, but is not limited to, designing print, web, digital and social materials, product packaging, photography, signage, and internal staff-facing materials.
- Collaborate with social media partners on creative direction of posts
- Periodically update company’s website look and feel
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
- Liaise between Brand & Creative team and other departments at Memphis Meats to create internal materials and presentations
- Identifying design trends to drive the Brand visual identity.
- 4 years+ experience in a design studio, creative agency, or in-house Creative Services department
- Proficient in design software (Adobe Suite software, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Expert knowledge of print production processes, file creation, specifications, and workflow
- Expert knowledge of web/digital formats and best practices (including social media)
- Strong sense of color, typography, and design composition
- Attention to visual details
- Strong photography skills including retouching
- Strong presentation design skills
- Experience managing vendors
- Sketching, drafting, and illustration skill is a plus
- BSc degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant field
Your application has been successfully submitted.