Assistant Grower Providence
Providence, RI, USA
Gotham Greens is seeking an Assistant Grower to join our Growing Team. This role will work closely with and report to the Head Grower to manage all aspects of crop production for the Chicago region. More specifically, this role is focused on production scheduling, plant nutrition, inventory management and food safety.
The ideal candidate is passionate about plants, growing, and sustainable development and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission of contributing to a better food system. This is an opportunity for a driven individual to contribute to the long-term success at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive food manufacturing company for the 21st century food system. Come join a world class CEA team that is rooted in plant science and focused on optimizing all aspects of production to produce best in class yields and quality.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Support Head Grower
- Plant Nutrition
- Production Schedules
- Inventory Management
- Food Safety
- Bachelor’s Degree in Plant Science, Horticulture or Related Field
- 2-5 years’ experience in commercial greenhouse production
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to thrive at work under minimal supervision/direction
- Available to work weekends and work flexible hours as required
- Commercial production experience in hydroponic plant nutrition
- Commercial production experience in leafy greens and herbs
- Prior experience with production scheduling
- Experience in food safety
- Master’s Degree in Plant Science, Horticulture or Related Field is a plus
The ideal candidate:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving, attention to detail, and leadership skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable and highly motivated with a creative flair and lively personality
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and food
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.