Account Executive, Strategic Sales & Partnerships
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
As the Account Executive for Strategic Sales and Partnerships, you will leverage your enthusiasm for our mission and your experience working with top ten large-scale accounts to acquire sales with the industry’s most influential partners. You will be in charge of selling into account prospects we have selected for their scale and impact on our mission and working cross-functionally to manage the sales process internally. Impossible Foods is scaling rapidly, this is a unique opportunity to impact our business and most importantly, our mission.
You will be part of the Strategic Sales and Partnerships team within US Foodservice Sales. This team is distinct from the national sales team as we have a dedicated focus on only the largest enterprise customers within foodservice. Our sales strategy and presentations are consultative strategic sales. We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of chain customers’ businesses and challenges who can navigate complex organizations and manage sales that impact departments across the Impossible Foods organization.
We are a lean organization, searching for a candidate who is adept at selling solutions with a proven ability to win new business. Your primary goal will be to achieve aggressive growth by building new relationships with strategic chains and leveraging functional experts across Impossible to close complex sales.
We work in a “Sales Pod” structure - this role will be partnered with several team members focused on the same specific goals.
- Actively pursue, develop and close new large foodservice chain accounts (QSRs, Fast Casual, Non-Comm) while achieving goals and quotas
- Develop strategic plans for penetrating and closing accounts
- Build relationships with key decision makers at customers across their R&D, Culinary, Marketing, Operations and Procurement
- Project manage complex sales with your key internal partners including product management, marketing, communications, insights, finance, manufacturing and supply chain
- Work closely with entire Sales and Marketing teams on product launches, training, communication, sales support and promotional tools for your accounts and prospects
- Build, maintain, and share a high level of competitor and segment knowledge in terms of product offerings, pricing, discounts and promotions, volume and trade spend, forecasting, price modeling, P&L understanding, and contract development
- UpdateSalesforce.com and provide regular reports to senior managers
- 7-10 years’ experience selling at the C-suite level to enterprise corporations
- Demonstrated success in growing business volume
- Experience in complex sales environments, demonstrating success in sales that have a major impact on our business, many stakeholders and longer sales cycle (6+ months)
- An ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, cross-functional environment
- An interest in traveling nationally up to 50% of the time with some nights and weekends required for customer meetings, shows and conventions when travel in the U.S. resumes post-COVID
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated by previous experience utilizing systems for tracking sales, determining ROI, and developing data-driven strategies
- Best-in-class oral and written communication skills: negotiation, deal creation and presentation skills
- The ability to be a structured and organized thinker who can drive projects to completion with minimal direction; attention to detail and ability to deep-dive when necessary
- Proven to be results-oriented with a sense of urgency
- High energy and stamina, changing the world takes grit
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Together, we’re transforming the global food system by creating better ways to make meat, dairy and fish without using animals -- delicious, good for ...