This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Carbon Engineering Ltd. (CE), our vision is to lead the world in the large-scale removal of carbon dioxide from the air and advance our shift to a sustainable carbon-neutral society. Based in the outdoor recreation hub of Squamish, BC, this role will be a great fit for a technically apt, curious and hands-on individual who feels passionately about this vision and wants to be a part of a fast-paced culture.
This is an entry level role for someone who is keen to develop his/her accounting skills and get exposure to the various facets of supporting a clean tech company. You will be working with several CPAs who can provide mentoring and support to obtain your accounting designation. You will also be part of a team that provides the back-end functions of accounting, human resources, legal, IT and administration, for the company, employees, and Board of Directors.
- Reports to the Controller.
- Accounts payable, payroll, trial balance, general ledger account reconciliations and preparation of internal financial statements.
- Education: completed an accounting program or a business program, preferably with a specialization in accounting.
- Experience: previous work in a small company is an asset, ideally in the accounting /administration area.
- Proficient with MS Excel.
- Experience with an ERP or accounting program (Quickbooks, Microsoft Dynamics, Sage, etc.).
- Collaborates well with others, including comfort working in the cross-functional interface between technical, business, and administrative teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills a must.
In addition to technical skills, you also need to have these to be the right fit
- Demonstrated self-learner and very curious.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work towards multiple deadlines with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment.
If this seems like the dream job for you, send your resume to [email protected] and quote “Jr. Accountant” in the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Carbon Engineering (CE) is a Canadian-based clean energy company leading the commercialization of groundbreaking technology that captures CO₂ directly...