Mechanical Design Engineer
Fremont, CA, USA
At Nextracker, we are leading in the energy transition, providing the most comprehensive portfolio of intelligent solar tracker and control software solutions for solar power plants, as well as strategic services to capture the full value of solar power plants for our customers. Our talented worldwide teams are transforming PV plant performance every day with smart technology, data monitoring and analysis services.
As a company driving the clean energy transition, sustainability is not just a word. It's a core part of our business and our operations. Our sustainability efforts are based on five cornerstones: People, Community, Environment, Innovation, and Integrity. We are creative, collaborative and passionate problem-solvers from diverse backgrounds, driven by our shared mission to provide smart solar and software solutions for our customers and to mitigate climate change for future generations. Make your mark with Nextracker
NEXTracker-- Mechanical Design Engineer seeks a creative and experienced Mechanical Engineer for a position on the design engineering team. The Mechanical Engineer will be located in Fremont, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team leading the mechanical design of NEXTracker's horizontal tracking systems.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Contribute to the design and development of the next generations of NEXTracker horizontal tracking products
- Perform and manage engineering work using CAD/CAE software to solve problems in mechanical/structural design, finite element analysis, design optimization, prototype generation (such as stereo lithography on NC machining), fatigue analysis, structural dynamics and kinematics, vibrations, thermal analysis, production of manufacturing drawings, and plastic part design
- Develop testing fixtures that accurately simulate real world scenarios
- Perform and document engineering tests under general supervision
- Write proposals, technical reports and papers
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the mechanical engineering team to identify concepts and designs for future products
- Develop and maintain best practices to foster the creative process
- Design mechanical components, execute prototyping, and manage design iterations
- Implement continuous improvement in order to maximize efficiency in the design process
- Partner with the Manufacturing Engineer on design for manufacturability to address questions and issues.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Structural Engineering (advanced degree preferred) and at least 2 years of experience
- Toolsets required: SolidWorks, ePDM, FEA, Ansys, Miro (Real Time board)
- Extensive knowledge/experience with drawings, model and GD&T standards and application.
- Hands on experience with shop tools such as chop saw, band saw, grinders, wrenches, etc.
- Strong understanding of DFM for castings and sheet metal stampings
- Strong aptitude and intuition in mechanical failure analysis
- Practical knowledge of prototyping manufacturing process
- Must possess solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects
- Self-motivated team player
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team while maintaining self-sufficiency
- Proficient in most common PC based applications (Word, Excel, Visio, PPT, MSProject, and the like)
- Willingness to travel and work at client sites both domestically and internationally
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Experience with Solar or renewable energy
- Labview, MATLAB
- Netsuite, Arena Miro (Real Time board), Jira, Confluence
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Your application has been successfully submitted.