Director of Commercialization
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Director of Commercialization will support and drive technology commercialization and business model development for Malta’s pumped heat energy storage solutions. Reporting directly to the VP Commercialization, you will have broad responsibility to support the planning and execution of product strategies, market engagement, project development and finance, and strategic partnering. You are an exceptionally smart, positive-energy professional with a passionate urgency for helping us move the dial on climate change reduction. You are also wicked good with numbers, write persuasively with ease, can comfortably discuss energy topics at the C-level, and can thrive executing long sales engagements with utilities, IPPs, and other industrial customers. You will spend much of your time learning about customer needs, creatively developing projects, and helping our engineering teams deliver excellent solutions.
We are a growing but small team so everyone carries their weight. You will need to own and be fluent with product documentation and financial models, but also be able to manage senior consultants, partners, and internal collaborators who contribute to them. You understand how the energy industry works, but you also know it is changing fast and have intuition on how to work with market leaders to bring about a new energy ecosystem.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected], or apply using the button below.
- 10+ years of energy industry experience
- Excellent communications and collaboration skills; C-suite level experience
- Experienced with renewable energy or grid infrastructure technology
- Strong analytics capability and capacity for strategic thinking
- Reliable with docs and deadlines
- Can build and manage the build of project finance models
- Cares about the team, cares about the planet
- 10+ years of energy industry experience; experience with start-ups and/or utilities
- Familiarity with energy storage economics, use cases, business models
- Success with the full project developing cycle, from lead gen through finance and commissioning
- Product development or management experience
- Familiar with international business travel
- Passion for energy trends or policy issues
- Technical familiarity with grid and renewable energy asset operations
- Travel up to 25% of the time, but we love family people so let’s talk if that doesn’t work for you!
Malta is located at 210 Broadway Ave in the heart of Cambridge, MA, nestled between MIT and Harvard. We are a dynamic team in a dynamic environment – reach out and connect! We look forward to meeting you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Malta is building a new type of electro-thermal energy storage system that can collect and store energy from any source (i.e. wind, sun, or fossil fue...