Solar Business Development Analyst
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Sol Systems is seeking a full-time Solar Analyst to support sales and development efforts for Sol’s industry leading distributed solar development business – Sol Customer Solutions (“SCS”). The scope of the position will include preliminary system design, financial modeling of potential solar opportunities, performing due diligence on sites, researching state policy and permitting requirements, providing support to SCS’ project development managers in their effort to identify, target, and secure solar customers with a focus on Fortune 500 companies. The role will require a unique combination of analytical skills, solar development/policy understanding, business development capability, and a desire to succeed.
Sol Customer Solutions is a joint venture with our partner Capital Dynamics and provides renewable energy solutions to commercial, industrial, institutional and municipal customers. SCS leverages the development expertise and customer focus established by Sol Systems together with Capital Dynamics’ Clean Energy Infrastructure fund to produce one of the leading distributed solar development platforms in the country.
Sol Systems is a solar energy project development and financial services company with a national footprint and a diverse customer, investor, and partner base. We have financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. As a leading renewable energy developer, financier, trader and operator, Sol empowers entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact on the world with a focus on catalyzing the development and operation of sustainable infrastructure.
Capital Dynamics is an independent global asset management firm focusing on private assets including private equity, private credit, clean energy infrastructure and clean energy infrastructure credit. The firm oversees more than USD 16 billion in assets under management and advisement, and is one of the largest long-term owners of renewable energy assets in the US.
The Analyst will be responsible for:
- Support Project Development to identify potential customers and sites in viable solar markets.
- Research and understand the details of renewable energy programs and project development requirements in given markets (Interconnection, Incentive, Taxes, etc.).
- Liaison with Engineering, Investments, Delivery, Asset Management, Legal, Government Affairs, and Accounting in support of Sol Customer Solutions.
- Complete preliminary PV system designs using Helioscope.
- Work with Engineering team to optimize system yields, equipment selection, estimated production, and system costs.
- Complete financial models in Excel for various unique opportunities.
- Work with finance team to establish acceptable IRR and general terms.
- Work with delivery team to establish preliminary EPC costs and schedules.
- Support interconnection and incentive application processes.
- Create customer outreach materials and proposals.
- Create customer savings models by analyzing energy data and utility rates, participating in customer calls, and populating contracts.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Strong computational and analytical skills
- Experience in Microsoft Excel financial modeling, renewable energy project finance, and the ability to understand and create models.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage diverse relationships and multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Creativity and critical thinking skills to tackle a variety of challenges from industry level to client-specific, with attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Experience with completing business related proposals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance, business, or related fields required
Location & Hours:This is a full-time role and will be based in our Washington, DC office.
Commitment & Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition, the SCS team provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial gym reimbursement, education benefits, parental leave, paid vacation, sick and federal holidays, and the opportunity to work in a unique and dynamic environment.
Sol Systems is an equal-opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, creed, or other trait. Sol Systems supports and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Sol Systems, a national solar finance and development firm, delivers sophisticated, customized services for institutional, corporate, and municipal cu...