Engineer- Facilities II
Đông Nam, Thanh Hóa, Thanh Hoa, Vietnam
Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
Basic Job Functions:
- Works as part of a team to ensure all FMCS (BMS) & systems under ELEC Department responsibility are properly installed, tested and commissioned successfully to meet high quality of international technical standards such as: NETA (National Electrical Testing Association), NFPA 70B, NFPA 70E (National Fire Protection Association) and IEEE during the construction phase.
- The Facilities Engineer (I&C engineer) daily oversees main contractor and OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) performances, to ensure the project deliverables are met the project timeline.
- Creating SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) RFC (Response Flow Chart) and others necessary document for 24/7 Operational Round and Reading activities to ensure system parameters within technical specifications. Direct support and train the Operations team to operate the facilities system properly through FMCS system.
- Work closely with Ops team and others to give out the proactive adjustment for ensuring all the utility equipment will be met technical standards such as: HVAC, Water, Power Monitoring systems
- Together with other electrical engineers to establishing and Managing Preventive/Corrective/Milestone Maintenance execution program for all FMCS & LV (Low Voltage) and backup power system (UPS, Gensets).
- Be able to read & write the PLC/SCADA programming for HVAC, CDA & other automatic facilities system.
- Direct manage the fire alarm system, work with main contractor to conduct the T&C for fire alarm system in order to ensure the system are in good condition all the time.
- Create & execute the Preventive Maintenance for FMCS, instrument and fire alarm system in accordance with industrial practice and local regulations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Direct observe and supervise contractors’ performances, ensure T&C procedures are well executed before operating the FMCS (BMS) and I&C systems.
- Review and verify soft drawings, the technical reports of electrical system.
- Provide the support for hooking up facilities. Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors.
- Working with production teams to conduct FAT/OAT for production tools.
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Maintain inventory controls for cost effective operations.
- Schedule and complete the "Preventative Maintenance Program".
- Knowledgeable about in Rockwell SCADA network, PLC and other devices.
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
- Responsible for alerting the Management of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
- Training for team understanding electrical equipment and tool.
- Troubleshooting and modification.
- Be able to conduct conditional assessment for existing systems.
- Be able to use effectively testing equipment to troubleshoot for all electrical components.
- Support Human Resource management on managing leaves and back-up for Electrical team.
- Work with subcontractor to training of EHS and performing activities on site related to maintenance or expansion on facility side.
- Works closely with OEM and main contractors to produce training programs for technicians and operators. Manage sub-contractors and co-employees assigned to the construction, operation, maintenance, system upgrade and calibration of field instruments and controls
- Ensure that all systems associated to FMCS (BMS) is properly maintained, calibrated in timely schedule / in accordance to PM Processes and operated to their optimum performance.
- Execute work schedules in coordination to FS manufacturing schedules.
- Monthly BMS system performance analysis and generate cost effective recommendation. Execution of approved recommendations on system improvement including hardware maintenance and I&C calibration.
- Manage and perform the operation and maintenance activities for all the I&C equipment, BMS system at FS site to ensure there will be no interruption impacted to production equipment.
- Ensure 100% PM pass per month, carry out the plan to buy the spare part, budget planning
- Attend safety/EHS trainings. Actively participate on internal meetings or external call meeting to subcontractor associated to the system operation and maintenance, sub-contractors. Conduct/cascade trainings on train the trainer to respective FS staff or subcontractors.
- Prepare and execute operation, maintenance I&C calibration schedule based on MAXIMO job plan and per system SOP / SOO/RFC
- Incident report – first alert to be release within 24 hours upon, 24hours for root cause analysis shall be released. Submitting the SPS and incident report within 24hrs, compliance to internal and external company policy
- Providing yearly training program for team development
- Work closely with Ops team and others to give out the proactive adjustment for ensuring all the utility equipment will be met technical standards such as: HVAC, CDA, Power Monitoring systems. Support others team in improving the equipment or system effective
- Perform the root cause evaluation for underperforming system and failed components. Track and prioritize resolution of these failures
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or Automation
- SCADA or PLC program certificate
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant technical and supervision in facility field, building service or plant engineer.
- Knowledgeable in industrial operation and automation system.
- Having good experience in dealing with automatic control valves, sensors and other HVAC system.
- Excellent communication skills and courteous in providing customer service.
- Fluent in English communication (4 skills)
- Able to work independently and adapt to a rapidly changing goals and priorities
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work
- Good leadership skill to manage a medium size team
- Working effective with Computer system including MS Office and Auto Cad
- Knowledge to PLC/SCADA, VFD, Instruments and other automation devices.
- Knowledge to perform technical assessment and electrical safety requirement.
- Physical Requirements:
- Will sit and stand for long periods during the day.
- Will walk, climb stairs and on equipment.
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist
- May stoop, kneel, bend, talk and hear.
- May lift up to 50 lbs.
- Required to use hands to lift, handle, carry or feel objects.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards)
- May be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.