Sr. Quality Engineer - EE
Zero Motorcycles Inc.
Scotts Valley, CA, United States
Sr. Electrical Engineer ensuring quality and reliability are instilled from the Design/Concept phase through to Production for all programs.
As an individual contributor, you will be responsible for the quality of all electrical assemblies, subsystems, hardware, and firmware as they relate to Plant Production as well as future development support. In addition, this role will be chiefly responsible for the quality of powertrain systems and programs. This includes collaborating and coordinating with Operations, Supply Chain, Design Engineering, and other disciplines to provide technical oversight aimed at delivering a world class product.
- Establishing robust systems and processes to control product quality through the production process with a focus on powertrain products
- Closely working with the Design Engineering group on all powertrain programs to achieve Quality targets and goals
- Closely collaborating with the greater Quality team to facilitate continuous improvement activities throughout the organization
- Troubleshooting hardware, firmware, and process issues down to component level
- Resolution of manufacturability issues through failure analysis, root cause determination, and corrective action implementation and verification; hardware disposition; perform analog and digital circuit analysis; characterizing and modeling signals of electronics subsystems through simulation and testing; Review designs periodically for obsolescence issues and recommend/implement changes as required. Help define requirements on new electrical designs to assure quality and reliability are incorporated from Concept.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter with experience organizing and executing projects in order to meet program deadlines, show a proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and exhibit excellent verbal and written communication capable of detailing complex subjects to cross-functional teams of varying experience and expertise in a schedule critical environment.
You will be hands on with new product development, in providing technical support and expertise, and in creating robust product and process qualification and validation activities. You will play a pivotal role in achieving exemplary levels of quality throughout the entire organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Electrical Engineering or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience, including: electrical circuit design and assembly, specifying electrical test procedures/processes (DVP&R), electric motor/controller design, and production support.
- Extensive knowledge of QMS tools, including: DFM, PFMEA, Root Cause Analysis, 5Why Analysis, Lean Concepts, 8D, etc.)
Skills and Attributes
- Extensive knowledge of electric motors and motor control. Design experience a plus.
- Experience in systems integration engineering involving complex components.
- Knowledge of printed circuit board fabrication and circuit card assembly processes and related industry specifications
- Knowledge of analog, digital, and mixed signal circuit design and analysis
- Experience and command of circuit simulation and analysis tools
- Experience in Root-Cause Corrective Action investigations
- Knowledge and experience in proposing, defending, and implementing Change Notices
- Technical writing and formal presentation experience
- LabVIEW program development/Data Acquisition experience a plus
- Must exhibit an unwavering code of ethics.
Physical and Sensory Requirements
- Candidate must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time to perform duties, and to move around and make inquiries from other staff, management as needed.
- Must be able to bend or stoop down to access files, including lifting of items or objects up to 50 lbs.
- M1 (motorcycle license) beneficial, not required
Other Requirements (if applicable)
- M1 (motorcycle license) beneficial, not required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.