Director, Strategy and Business Operations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Inspire is developing a world-class strategy function as we enter the next chapter of our growth. You will be the first hire specifically dedicated to corporate strategy and business operations, and will be responsible for defining that function and building out the team as Inspire continues to grow. Specifically, you will be responsible for owning key business processes like long-term planning and our stage-gate process to greenlight new initiatives; build data-driven assessments for new opportunities (markets, products, partnerships, etc.); partner with commercial and product leads to develop high-impact strategy; and support our executive leadership in other high-value priorities, from M&A to investor relations.
THE DIRECTOR, STRATEGY AND BUSINESS OPERATIONS HAS SIX MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, refine, and own key business processes to support corporate strategy, such as our long-term strategic planning process, executive offsites, quarterly OKRs, our stage-gate process to invest in new initiatives, and other regular management touchpoints
- Build data-driven assessments of opportunities for new markets, product lines, partnerships, or other strategic initiatives
- Partner cross-functionally to drive effective strategy that builds toward our overall company goals
- Tackle high-value priorities across the organization to drive top-line or bottom-line improvements
- Prepare high-impact materials for the executive team, Board of Directors, and investors
- Support commercial due diligence on potential M&A opportunities
SOME EXPECTED 2020 DELIVERABLES
- Lead overall strategic planning
- Assess organic and inorganic opportunities for product and market expansion
- Develop process for prioritizing analysis of new opportunities and partnering cross-functionally
- Redefine stage-gate process and drive better process and accountability for all business processes
- Entrepreneurial: Self-starter with a bias toward action and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Problem Solver: Excited by tackling new challenges in innovative ways
- Collaborative: Experience building strong relationships internally and externally
- Analytical: Data-driven and detail-oriented
- Must Have
- 3-5 years in management consulting
- Managing a team of at least 2 direct reports
- 6-10 years of experience
- Nice to Have
- Direct industry experience
- Due diligence in support of M&A for corporate or private equity clients
- Consulting experience prior to MBA preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Inspire is a clean energy technology company on a mission to transform the way people access clean energy and accelerate the world toward a net-zero c...