Marketing & Social Media Manager
Remote, OR, USA
Founded in 2009, Plastic Pollution Coalition (PPC) is a global alliance of individuals, organizations, businesses, and policymakers working toward a more just, equitable world free of plastic pollution and its toxic impacts on humans, animals, waterways, oceans, and the environment. PPC has grown in the past eleven years to become a broad coalition of more than 1,200 Coalition business and organization members, and over 13,000 individual members, working across the globe in 75 countries on 6 continents.
Plastic Pollution Coalition envisions a world free of plastic pollution, where:
- Individuals and systems embody zero-waste values of reusability and durability so plastic pollution is reduced at the source: in use and production.
- Packaging and goods are designed with reuse and the end of life in mind.
- Industry takes extended responsibility for all products throughout their existence, from cradle to cradle.
- Governments, Industry, NGOs work collaboratively to create and sustain a circular system, eliminating the concept of "waste" + designing ongoing use and positive outcome for products/byproducts.
- Humans, animals, nature, and bodies of water thrive within the global ecosystem.
Plastic Pollution Coalition educates and connects people and groups to advocate for a world free of plastic pollution.
Plastic Pollution Coalition is Fiscally Sponsored by Earth Island Institute. All staff of Plastic Pollution Coalition are legally employees of Earth Island Institute.
This is a great opportunity for a Marketing & Social Media Manager to join a small, nimble non-profit organization working to make a real difference in the world.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of a cohesive, highly motivated team and will work in a fast paced and collaborative environment. He/she/they will support the Director of Communications.
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications to establish overall marketing and digital strategy for Web, broadcast email, and social media channels.
- Assist with original blog posts, newsletters, petitions, website copy, Guides, as needed.
- Create original graphics and memes as needed.
- Assist with original video as needed.
- Occasional travel for PPC events.
- Social Media:
- Gather content for PPC social channels, including monitoring Google alerts, Coalition News, and breaking/viral content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Manage social sharing requests from Coalition members (1,200+ businesses and organizations).
- Assess PPC social media channels for growth and engagement through weekly reporting, and make recommendations for fresh content.
- Create daily social media posts for each channel.
- Engage the community by answering questions, Like/thumbs-up, retweet, responding to direct messages, etc.
- Build relationships with influencers and allies.
- Field, assess, and manage requests from new and existing Coalition business members regarding potential partnerships and collaborations.
- Use the PPC Business Partnership Deck as a framework for approved, mutually-beneficial partnerships/collaborations with Coalition business members.
- Monitor appropriate/inappropriate use of the PPC logo and the PPC Member Badge by all businesses (Coalition members or otherwise).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2 or more years of professional experience in digital strategy, marketing, nonprofit or a related field.
- Experience creating compelling social media campaigns and posts for business and/or non-profit Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn accounts. TikTok and Clubhouse a plus.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices on social media.
- Working knowledge of Slack, Asana, Google Suite, CiviCRM, Filecamp, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or Canva for graphics creation.
- Experience utilizing multi-channel marketing
- Writing experience for marketing materials and social media channels
- Experience creating campaigns to launch original video (preferred but not required).
- Photography and design experience (preferred but not required).
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Plastic Pollution Coalition.
- Strong commitment to Plastic Pollution Coalition’s mission, and committed to the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice
Director of Communications
All staff of PPC work remotely, and this candidate can be based anywhere in the U.S.
DETAILS AT A GLANCE
Full-Time Schedule, Executive
The salary range for this position is $55K to $58K, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PPC also offers a comprehensive benefits program, including employer-sponsored health insurance and paid time off including vacation, holidays, personal days, parental and sick leave. This is an exempt position.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please send an email with the subject line: “Marketing & Social Media Manager” that includes your resume, cover letter, and at least two professional references to [email protected] by April 10, 2021. No phone calls please.
Please note: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early, as this position may close if the suitable candidate is found before the deadline.
Earth Island Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.