Senior Software Automation Engineer
Remote, OR, USA
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Senior Software Automation Engineer is focused on testing desktop, browser, mobile applications, web services and SDKs in the healthcare industry with an emphasis on automation testing.
The selected candidate will be responsible for reviewing, improving, and extending our existing test frameworks and working within the team to implement new ones. This will include developing, documenting and presenting the latest in QA automation to the R&D team. Additionally the candidate will be required to work with other members of the development and QA teams using the Agile software development processes. The candidate should have strong coding, testing and troubleshooting skills, and be a quick learner and willing and able to take on new challenges. The candidate will be based in New Zealand and working from the comfort of their own home saving hours every week on commuting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create test plans & strategies for testing new and existing features
- Provide time estimation for created test plans
- Set up, deploy and troubleshoot testing environments (VMs and CI/CD pipelines)
- Create new and update existing automation test cases for current test frameworks (desktop, browser and web services)
- Execute test runs and report on results in a clear and concise manner
- Take part in creating new test frameworks using industry best practices
- Update and optimise existing test frameworks
- Help with manual testing for desktop, mobile and web applications
- Help with issue identification and verification
- Coach other QA team members in automation testing
- Report defects in JIRA in a clear and concise manner
- Prepare and maintain relevant test documentation
- Produce code to high quality standards
- Understand and process requirements documentation
- Use Jira, Confluence, Azure, VSCode, Visual Studio
- Comply with all relevant company policies
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred.
Experience: 5+ years
- Be familiar with NUnit
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Be self-motivated, proactive and organized
- Work accurately and has an eye for detail
- Be an active member of an Agile Scrum team
- Work effectively with a distributed team in multiple geographic locations and time zones
- Be familiar with performance testing
- Be familiar with WPF and Winforms application development
- Be familiar with following tools:
- MS Test
- Terminal Services
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Your application has been successfully submitted.