Quality Documentation Specialist
Remote, OR, USA
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Nuance Quality Documentation Specialists work nearly in real-time with a physician and their care team to complete documentation of clinic visits. Specialists support healthcare providers and their patients by learning medical documentation and using new technologies to create summaries of patient encounters. Our team saves time for providers by delivering accurate documentation within a couple hours of patient visits. Documentation includes patient histories, exams, radiographic findings, assessments, and treatment plans. Specialists make healthcare functional and efficient by allowing providers to keep their focus on their patients.
This is a full-time, work-from-home position with a rate of $13.00 per hour.
REQUIRED HOURS: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM Pacific (PST) / 12:30 PM - 9:00 PM Eastern (EST)
Our team seeks candidates who are passionate about medicine and desire to impact the future of healthcare. We are looking for quick learners who can get up to speed with medical terminology to include anatomy and treatment modalities and strive for continual learning and improvement. Successful candidates will be eager to learn new technology and be open to making changes as new technologies evolve. Training will be provided through our Quality Documentation Specialist training program.
- Provide documentation coverage for a set of healthcare providers, which involves listening to audio recordings of patient clinic visits and leveraging technology to summarize medical facts in professional clinical reports (History of Present Illness, Physical Exam, Results, Assessment & Plan).
- Achieve proficiency in navigating EHRs and enter clinical reports and data directly into customer EHRs, adhering to specific clinic guidelines and workflows.
- Maintain a high-quality standard and adhere to account-specific documentation which delineates documentation requirements for our customers.
- Collaborate with managers on feedback from providers and successfully resolve issues.
- Prior work experience in a professional office setting.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Excellent English professional writing skills; including advanced proficiency in grammar and spelling.
- Excellent listening skills with ability to understand diverse accents and dialects of physicians, their staff, and patients.
- Ability to participate in live video chat and screensharing sessions for training.
- This is a home-based role, ability to work in a secure and private location on a personal computer with a reliable high-speed internet connection, one that can run security software to ensure safe handling of health information is required.
- Experience as a medical scribe or a transcriptionist preferred but not required.
- Experience or training in the medical specialty of Oncology, Orthopedics, Neurology, ENT, Cardiology, Ophthalmology, GI, Dermatology, Rheumatology, Family Medicine, Pain Medicine, Nephrology, or Urology preferred but not required.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office 365 or other cloud-based productivity tools.
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Records; Epic, Cerner, or Athena experience is highly preferred.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.