Data Analyst, Biopharmaceuticals
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Symphony Health, a wholly owned subsidiary of PRA Health Sciences, is a leading provider of high-value data, analytics, technology solutions and actionable insights for healthcare and life sciences manufacturers, payers and providers. The company helps clients drive revenue growth and commercial effectiveness, while adapting to the transformation of the healthcare ecosystem, by integrating a broad set of patient, prescriber, payer and clinical data together with primary and secondary health research, analytics and consulting. Symphony delivers a comprehensive perspective on the real dynamics that drive business in the healthcare and life sciences markets.
At Symphony Health, we pride ourselves on being Collaborative and customer centric. We do this by focusing on five key values:
- Love the Customer by consistently exceeding expectations
- Focus on Brilliant Execution by being detailed and accountable
- Leapfrog the Competition by Differentiating ourselves and providing innovative solutions
- Build a High-Performance Culture that does not accept mediocrity
- Make it Fun by Connecting as one passionate high-energy team.
Connect with Symphony! Collaborate with Customers! Differentiate Yourself!
Symphony Health is seeking a Data Analyst II in the Enterprise Platforms & Analytics group (Connected PHORCE) within their growing Consulting practice due to increased client demand for BI applications, master data management, cloud-hosting and data integration services. By leveraging Symphony’s comprehensive data assets, Vantage applications, HealthCloud platform, Customer Master and data integration capabilities, the Connected PHORCE Practice offers customized, technology-enabled services to biopharmaceutical companies.
What will you do?
The Data Analyst II is responsible for effective and efficient implementation of custom software solutions for biopharmaceutical clients, leveraging Symphony’s core platforms. Acting as a client interface for data management and analysis, the Data Analyst is directly responsible for ensuring client satisfaction and achieving project profitability objectives.
Specifically, a Data Analyst will work with clients to:
- Identify the implementation tasks, data dependencies and timing to complete data integration tasks
- Gather and document business requirements, aligned to populating a Healthcloud, Customer Master or BI solution (Vantage), focused on the end-to-end lineage of the data
- Perform data analysis to confirm data types, data quality, and data transformations required to meet business requirements
- Document client’s data sources, data lineage, data mapping, and data dictionary
- Provide a gap analysis of current state vs future state emphasizing Symphony’s capabilities to close the gaps either through data modeling techniques, data integration or transformation
- Work within an engagement team, project manage data management tasks and as needed, be responsible for supporting the Engagement Managers
- Ensure common design, labeling, rules and best practices across multiple data collections, modeling, design schemas, and ensure the information is accurate, timely, consistent, and relevant
The ideal candidate will have experience in Commercial Operations or a professional services firm providing Commercial Data Warehouse services to companies within the biopharmaceutical industry. This resource will be responsible for timely, high quality, and efficient data analysis with a focus on Healthcloud as a centralized source for all client reporting and data access needs, Customer Master for managing precedence rules and data dependencies to master the Provider or Account data, and Vantage as a reporting platform with common calculations, data models, and data documentation.
Effective and polished communication skills are required to engage with clients to understand their needs, document requirements, and ensure delivery excellence.
This resource will have a proven track record participating in project teams and delivery excellence. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with ETL Development, Data Architects, Data Analysts, Technical PMs, MDM Engagement Managers, BI Developers, Product Management, Sales, and Operations to deliver on commitments will be crucial.
What do you have?
- 5+ years experience in a professional services firm providing IT solutions to commercial functions within biopharmaceutical firms or Commercial Operations experience in a biopharmaceutical firm.
- Project/task management, requirements definition, client engagement, and communications skills. Proven track record participating in project teams and delivery excellence.
- Expertise in biopharmaceutical commercial processes and data environments, knowledge of commercial analytics and supported business intelligence platforms, MDM platforms, and experience with prescriber, payer and patient data derived from claims and clinical sources. Experience with various reference data, Government data and data agents a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant data management consulting or industry experience (master data, metadata, data architecture, data governance, data quality, data modeling and data analysis) including Data Stewardship.
- 3+ years of experience in designing and architecting integrations between systems using standard connectors, publish-subscribe, and other mechanisms. Proficiency with SQL, Oracle, ETL tools and Data Storage Cloud Solutions (AWS console interaction and AWS configuration) and knowledge of various CRM systems (e.g. Veeva, Salesforce, Tika)
- 3+ years of experience gathering requirements and/or coding for data management, data warehousing, or other data environments - working with developers in implementations using NoSQL, Java, scripting languages (Python, Perl, Shell), or the Hadoop stack a plus.
- Demonstrated experience being a client’s point of contact and building long-term relationships with internal and external customers.
- Expertise with proven methodologies for analyzing, designing and presenting data.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines and coordinate a variety of tasks despite interruptions. Demonstrated experience collaborating with cross functional teams to ensure project(s) success to meet short and long term objectives.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagements.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- Masters in same or related disciplines strongly preferred
This position is remotely based, and there is a strong preference for candidates located in the Eastern US. Candidate must be willing to travel to work closely with clients, partners, and strategic data vendors.
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
They are a full-service global contract research organization providing a wide range of product development services and data solutions to pharmaceuti...