This job is no longer accepting applications.
Ocean Conservancy is working to protect the ocean from today’s greatest challenges. Together with our partners, we create science-based solutions for a healthy ocean and the wildlife and communities that depend on it.
Assist a program or department of Ocean Conservancy to carry out our conservation mission and gain valuable experience and exposure to the marine conservation world.
- Conduct research on program priorities or initiatives as directed by program staff – could include legislative research, media analyses, and analyses of a variety of conservation topics.
- Develop materials such as summaries, research papers, blog drafts, talking points, media summaries as directed by program staff.
- Act as a liaison with other Ocean Conservancy programs and departments and keep team members apprised of project activities.
- Attend external (remote) events, speaking engagements, webinars related to Ocean Conservancy’s priority programs and provide updates back to program and departmental staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program, such as environmental sciences, marine conservation, political science, and communications or similar.
- Basic knowledge of and interest in conservation and nonprofit organizations is required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to complete work in a thorough and professional manner; attention to detail. Strong communication and organization skills and the ability to coordinate multiple tasks from a variety of staff simultaneously with minimum supervision.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft office; ability to work remotely.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal employment opportunity employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Ocean Conservancy educates and empowers citizens to take action on behalf of the ocean. From the Arctic to the Gulf of Mexico to the halls of Congress...