Remote, OR, USA
Ocean Conservancy is working to protect the ocean from today’s greatest challenges. Together with our partners, we create science-based solutions for a healthy ocean and the wildlife and communities that depend on it.
Assist a program or department of Ocean Conservancy to carry out our conservation mission and gain valuable experience and exposure to the marine conservation world.
- Conduct research on program priorities or initiatives as directed by program staff – could include legislative research, media analyses, and analyses of a variety of conservation topics.
- Develop materials such as summaries, research papers, blog drafts, talking points, media summaries as directed by program staff.
- Act as a liaison with other Ocean Conservancy programs and departments and keep team members apprised of project activities.
- Attend external (remote) events, speaking engagements, webinars related to Ocean Conservancy’s priority programs and provide updates back to program and departmental staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program, such as environmental sciences, marine conservation, political science, and communications or similar.
- Basic knowledge of and interest in conservation and nonprofit organizations is required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to complete work in a thorough and professional manner; attention to detail. Strong communication and organization skills and the ability to coordinate multiple tasks from a variety of staff simultaneously with minimum supervision.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft office; ability to work remotely.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal employment opportunity employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.