New York, NY, United States
Founded in 2016, Farm.One is Manhattan’s only commercial, vertical farm. We grow over 700 different varieties of microgreens, edible flowers, and rare herbs year-round. Few other vertical farm companies in the world offer this product diversity. In a short time, we will be expanding our business by opening a large production farm in Brooklyn, and soon be delivering locally-grown greens and other food products by bike to over 1,200 subscribers throughout NYC.
Central to our new operation in Brooklyn is the Logistics Team, a cross-functional team tasked with assembling our product and getting it to our members. As head of our new Logistics Team, the Logistics Manager is responsible for everything that enters and leaves our building: from receiving raw materials for our farm, to packing product for delivery, to making sure the product gets into our members’ hands on time, everytime.
As a collaborative, creative problem solver who understands the fast-moving environment of order fulfillment, you’re always looking for new ways to leverage data to help our teams see around corners and expect the unexpected, keeping everyone one step ahead of the latest storm, potential shipping delays, and misspelled addresses on order forms. You know it’s not just about taking orders and fulfilling them, it’s about anticipating needs, being an advocate for customers, and making things better.
Tech savvy, detail-oriented, and adept at working with a cross-functional teams, including farm operations and member experiences, here are some other responsibilities you and your team will tackle on a daily basis:
- Receiving and sorting large shipments of farming equipment and materials
- Receiving and controlling inventory of perishable food items
- Repacking food items for sale in reusable containers
- Controlling reusable packing materials inventory
- Packing fresh greens grown on our farm for delivery to members
- Delivering subscriptions to members by ebike throughout NYC
- Managing and training a team of Member Envoys that will make daily deliveries
- Maintaining a clean and orderly space, including loading dock, dishpit, and food packing and storage areas
- 5+ years experience managing a team of 10+ people in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage several complex processes simultaneously and continually re-prioritize as needs change
- A track record of building strong relationships and delivering exceptional customer satisfaction
- Ability to use a pallet jack and forklift
- A high sense of urgency
- Exceptional at streamlining processes, keeping things organized, and executing
- You believe ‘we’ is greater than ‘me’. You know the power of teamwork and celebrate the work of others before your own
- You hold yourself to the highest standards and you strive to improve yourself and others each and every day
Nice to haves
- NYC Food Handler’s License or other food safety certification
- HACCP certification
- Experience managing bike delivery fleets
The following benefits are provided for all full-time positions at Farm.One
- Health Insurance, including Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term disability Benefits
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Farm.One greens to take home
- One “family meal” per day.Apply for this
Your application has been successfully submitted.