Senior Product Designer
Ten Percent Happier
Remote, OR, USA
Our mission is to help people become happier, healthier, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. The science suggests these are skills -- ones that meditation makes us better at.
At its core, meditation is a simple, secular, scientifically validated exercise for your mind. Like running in the 70’s, or yoga in the 90’s, meditation is now poised to become the next big public health revolution. Join the team that’s accelerating this revolution. Ten Percent Happier touches millions of lives with award winning apps, books and a podcast, is backed by extraordinary investors, co-founded by #1 New York Times Bestselling author Dan Harris of ABC News, and guided by the world’s most respected meditation teachers & scientists.
As a Product Designer at Ten Percent Happier, you will play a key role in the company alongside incredible product managers, designers and engineers to identify and execute on a wide range of features for getting people more engaged with Ten Percent Happier. You will craft memorable onboarding experiences, optimize re-engagement flows, and reimagine the UX of pivotal moments in a customer's journey. Together, we’ll design and ship a wide variety of experiments that move numbers, and have a great time doing it.
You will participate in all phases of the product development process: research, brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and collaboration with our engineers to ship great products. You should be able to help your team understand problems deeply from the user's perspective, diverge and explore many concepts, and refine then define what to test and build. You should feel excited about moving quickly and solving problems iteratively, motivated by the positive impact that these changes have on the product and the lives of people who use it
What you will do
- Work collaboratively with incredible people on motivated teams
- Lead design on your team through the entire product development process to learn fast and make great software
- Use tools of your choosing (but maybe pen & paper, whiteboards, Sketch, and Flinto)
- Help lead the team in user testing & research as a foundation for making the right thing
- Dive into the metrics to understand the impact of your work, and to generate additional hypotheses for more ways to unlock growth and engagement
What you will bring to the team
- 3+ years of experience in a Product Design role
- Strong portfolio showcasing past work and process
- Demonstrated experience across the board -- in product thinking, interaction, visual design and customer empathy
- A knack for solving problems despite uncertainty, balancing speed and quality to keep things moving forward
- Experience shipping mobile product in an agile environment on iOS & Android
- Excellent communication skills, comfortably partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company
- Low ego when it comes to product or design
- A strong orientation towards driving impact, both for customers and the business
- Passion for the mindfulness/meditation mission of the company
Who you will work with
Reports To: VP Product
Why we think you’ll like working here
- We’ll support your work from home set-up with a $1,000 stipend.
- You’ll become a part of a growing company that is changing people's lives for the better.
- Get a competitive compensation package with equity and benefits (including traditional benefits like health and dental insurance, as well as non-traditional benefits such as meditation enrichment and DEI stipends).
- Join a culture that values clear and kind communication, is dedicated to crafting incredible products and content, and will engage your intellect and curiosity on a daily basis. We’re passionate about reasonable work hours, flexibility in getting work done, and respecting and valuing the whole life you live.
- Be welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other’s experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Our investment in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Ten Percent Happier seeks to help people become happier, more connected, and more resilient in the face of life’s challenges. We aim to cultivate a culture that is steeped in the values and practices that we promote through our products and media channels. We welcome the cultural enrichment that comes from diverse experiences in education, class background, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs. We are invested in creating a work environment that supports each of us in feeling valued and recognized for our unique contributions to what we collectively produce, and where we each feel a sense of belonging.
Ten Percent Happier is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any state or federally protected classes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.