Redmond, Washington, United States
Be on the forefront of a new ground-breaking technology. Ossia's flagship Cota® technology redefines wireless power by delivering remote, targeted energy to devices at a distance. Spearheaded by a team of highly experienced business leaders and specialized engineers, Ossia offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to build one of the most highly anticipated technologies of our time. Countless devices across the globe will one day use our safe and smart solutions. You will feel great about creating new and clean technology that helps people stay always on and always connected. Our employees are the key to our success and we are fortunate to have found some of the best and the brightest. There isn’t a more inspiring team to work with and no better time than now!
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineering professional to join our organization. In this position, you will participate in developing a software platform built for Linux, windows and embedded Linux for the purposes of wireless power delivery. A keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and solid embedded programming and systems knowledge base are essential. This role will include hands-on C and C++ embedded programming on constrained hardware.
Software Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with the other Software/Firmware Engineers and Electrical/RF/Systems Test Engineers to write needed software
- Design and implement software platform for firmware on embedded CPUs with multiple OS such as Windows, Linux, FreeRTOS, TI-RTOS and embedded Linux
- Use compliers, debuggers revision control and automated build systems.
- Design/develop components of software platform for use by other developers to extend its capabilities and build custom applications/behavior on top
- Develop build methodologies, debugging tools/utilities
- Develop and release Software using Agile methodology
- Write unit tests and support continuous integration and automated test methodology
- Provide technical guidance, support and educate team members and coworkers on software use
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improvement product and processes
- Consult with peers for feedback during debug/testing stages
- Document and maintain design processes
- Follow all company best practices, procedures and safety rules
- An interest and experience in radio, wireless communications and IoT
- Understanding of Communications protocols and theory at the PHY and MAC levels
- Familiarity with Python or similar scripting languages
- Experience with Agile workflow methodologies such as Scrum/Kanban etc.
- Experience and understanding of state driven development methodology
Minimum requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, electrical engineering, software engineering, or related field
- Minimum 10-year experience in C & C++ development, and 4 years embedded code development
- Five years previous experience in defining software architecture and API definitions
- Understanding of modern network topology and experience in developing layer three and four network software
- Experience with driver development (SPI, I2C and GPIO ) and wireless infrastructure is highly desirable
- Knowledge of use of logic analyzers, oscilloscopes and other test tools to debug hardware and software
- Acquaintance with schematics, timing diagrams and other artifacts of embedded systems/hardware/software development
- Experience in software tools development: Compilers, debuggers and testing tools. including C/C++ compliers, source control/build tools (Git, BitBucket, Jira, Bamboo or similar)
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Able to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift equipment up to 30 pounds or more
Ossia offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive insurance plans including a PPO or a partially funded HSA option
- 90% coverage for employees and 50% for dependents
- Generous time off plan including a flexible PTO plan available from your date of hire
- 401k and Roth Plans
- Stock option plans
- Free parking and flexible work environment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.