Caper builds smart shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailers can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashier-less capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons and Walmart. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
We are currently launched with one of the largest retailers in North America . We are looking for a field technician to help us support this retailer.
Location: on site Ontario, Canada
- Open-minded and eager to learn
- Highly organized
- Willing to work independently with limited supervision
- Hard-working and care about self-growth
- 1+ years of experience with hardware technician or computer technician
- Good at hardware trouble shooting
- Good at hardware related skills, such as soldering, wire making etc.
- Basic knowledge of electrical engineering and computer science, such as analog and digital circuits, schematic design, Android, Linux, etc.
You're ready to
- Setup and maintain Caper’s carts
- Record and organize hardware problems
- Work with the hardware team to deliver new features and improvements
- Participate in new product design
- Conquer the world!
Weekly hours: 20 - 30 flexible scheduling
Your application has been successfully submitted.