Director of Product Marketing
Remote, OR, USA
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
We are currently hiring for a Director of Product Marketing. Reporting to the head of our GTM team, you will lead our small but influential Product Marketing team. This is a critical leadership role that will help drive affection for and usage of our products through thought-provoking, inspirational stories and marketing programs.
You’ll coach your team to build deep, collaborative partnerships with our Product teams and build a bridge between product strategy and marketing strategy. And you’ll bring ideas about how we can turn product proof points into meaninging marketing content that drives new user adoption.
You and team will be constantly pitching new ideas and then leading cross-functional project teams that will turn those ideas into “shippable marketing” each and every week.
A leader and truth-teller who can synthesize complex conversations and bring them back to first principles. But you’re equally high on an EQ scale; you listen and understand your audience in order to influence them. You can hold a room and maintain poise in an executive setting. You’re not bound to the confines of a job description and know that you may play many roles in getting our stories out to prospective customers. You understand what a true marketing strategy is and have demonstrated time and again your ability to build them.
- Hire and develop a best-in-class product marketing team to drive impact across the consumer product portfolio; laying out a vision and scaling the function
- Define a consumer marketing strategies to encourage adoption of new products like the Mozilla VPN or Mozilla Hubs
- Partner with research and data teams to build and act on customer segmentation; defining new opportunities to grow features
- Build a trusted partnership with product and business leaders to influence the product roadmap to deliver on customer needs through new features and products
- Lead your team and drive campaigns that contribute direct bottom line impact on revenue and usage
Your Professional Profile
- 8+ years of professional experience in marketing in a B2C corporate or startup environment
- 2+ years of leadership experience: hiring, managing and developing talent
- Can demonstrate driving successful go-to-market plans that drive product adoption
- Can speak the language of product teams and marketing team with equal fluency
- Regularly lead cross-functional teams where your influence is indirect
- Excellent communication skills
- Truly gifted storyteller
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Location Details: Mozilla’s North American office locations include San Francisco, CA, Portland, OR and Toronto, Canada. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US or Canada for this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.