Director of Media Relations and Communication
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who’s behind Deel?
We are a global collective of entrepreneurs who love to build and solve problems. Our team consists of self-driven people spanning 25+ countries. A unified yet diverse culture keeps us consistently learning and improving. We’re curious, courageous, optimistic, fair, and thoughtful.We want to enable companies to hire the best talent from anywhere in the world. We do so by building tools our customers love with market-leading technology and expertise. We run on three words, fast, delightful and compliant.As a team, we care while finding comfort and enjoyment in working together. We believe “less is more,” and our highly efficient team speaks to that.
So, why now?
A significant shift has occurred within the workforce as we know it, changing business norms drastically. At Deel, we genuinely see a world without borders, but we needed to challenge that to make it happen. A 30-mile hiring radius limit shouldn’t exist for companies since great talent lives everywhere. The global talent market is quickly accelerating. We’re here to help businesses stay ahead of international legal, compliance, and remote working conditions.Deel is the market leader in international payroll and compliance. With over $50 million raised from Andreessen Horowitz, Spark Capital, Y Combinator, Elad Gil, Nat Friedman, Alexis Ohanian, and Daniel Gross, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the team.
What we’re looking for
Someone eager to join Deel and help spread the word about us globally. As Deel’s Director of Media Relations, you’ll bridge the gap between global media and Deel. You’ll be in the driver’s seat of our global comms strategy—everything from proactively pitching media to working alongside internal teams to manage all comms initiatives and launches. With unfettered access to our leadership team, you’ll work closely with them on a wide range of topics like thought leadership, launches, and speaking engagements.
Some things you’ll enjoy tackling
- Setting Deel’s global PR strategy
- Translating internal data into stories
- Helping with Deel’s thought leadership strategy
- Sharing Deel’s new product features with global media
- Fielding incoming press inquiries
- Working on new country launches with local Deel teams
- Creating timely and relevant content around Deel’s innovations
- Showcasing how the future of (remote) work is changing
We’d love to chat if you
- Have 8+ years of experience in comms or media relations
- Have strong relationships with local and global media
- Have experience managing internal teams and external partners
- Are always on top of current events
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong growth mindset
- Are excellent in spoken and written English
- Are highly detail-oriented
- Are comfortable with a very fast-paced environment
- Are an active relationship builder who can collaborate with internal and external teams to consistently improve process and communication workflows
We’ll be extra excited to talk if
- You’ve worked at a fast-growing startup
- You’ve successfully worked in a remote & distributed team prior
- You’ve worked at a software company formerly
Benefits that come with working at Deel
- Life-changing pre-IPO equity
- The option of getting paid in digital currency
- Work from wherever you want; the Deel office, your house, or the beach
- Learning and development budget for books, courses, and conferences
- Remote first working culture and covered remote office space
- All-expenses paid international company off-sites
- Have your birthday on us
- All the latest tech you need.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Deel is a global payroll solution which helps businesses hire anyone, anywhere.