This job is no longer accepting applications.
Rad Power Bikes is on a mission to get people onto bikes, electric bikes that are built for everything and priced for everyone - the weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists.
Madly growing and located in Seattle, WA, we are seeking a full-time Electrical Technician to join our team. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and are looking to support a dynamic team, read on.
Our Electrical Technician will be responsible for assisting in building and validating components and systems for Rad’s evolving ebike designs. This role is part Electrical Technician and part Workshop Manager. Additional duties will include, research, prototyping, testing, receiving and organizing parts and components and process improvement through the entire product life cycle.
We are looking for an Electrical Technician to join the Rad Product Team who takes ownership of their shop and equipment and takes pride in their work product. This role reports to our Senior Engineering Manager, Hardware.
Why You’re Rad (about you)
- 5+ years of experience building, reworking, installing and modifying electrical harnesses, components and test fixtures.
- Demonstrated understanding of core electrical engineering principles - AC/DC circuits, brushless DC motors, sensors, motor controllers, and power supplies
- Experience with laboratory equipment such as power supplies, e-loads, oscilloscopes, and data acquisition systems.
- Experience identifying, specifying, ordering and evaluating key workshop hardware, tools, equipment and electrical components to support product development and validation
- Experience implementing & iterating processes that support electrical product design, development, testing & qualification
- Proven ability to complete and accurately record validation and verification testing by following documented procedures. Excellent cross-functional communication skills with engineers, project managers, designers and suppliers. Experience managing costs and ensuring projects stay within scope for on-time delivery
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or equivalent work experience
- Ability to follow electrical schematics with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting skills, an ability to create order from chaos
- Demonstrated pride of ownership of a workshop and its tools and equipment
- Proven record of documenting results and communicating issues with appropriate urgency. Proficiency with common programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Browsers
- Passionate about working within a team environment, collaborating cross-functionally and embracing change
You get bonus points for
- Electric Vehicle/ebike technician experience
- Basic understanding of electrical design fundamentals
Had you been with us last month, the top 5 things you would have impacted are
- Built and tested new electrical components and harnesses
- Assembled, installed and commissioned state of the art test equipment
- Generated test reports through evaluation and validation of programs/systems and specifications for new and existing products, ensuring adherence to applicable industry and business standards
- Developed and monitored workshop timelines, ensuring tasks are completed on time and within cost objectives and in accordance with company objectives
- Helped guide the selection, installation, and calibration of equipment for company product development workshop
Sounding good? Read on to understand what matters most to us:
At Rad we take our company values seriously. They are lived out into everything we do. Our RADICAL values really do frame what our expectations are for each and every team member. We are:
Responsible to our environment, community and team
Accountable, we take ownership, bias to action, seek and provide feedback
Diverse, inclusive of experiences, backgrounds and skills, we value every voice
Innovators, we challenge ourselves and the status quo, we are original
Customer driven, completely, we do the right thing for our riders
Approachable, kind, we collaborate and are always willing to help
Learners, we grow our skills, we are humble and seek to improve
Does this sound like you? Please apply and join us!
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or [email protected]
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time we are not leveraging external 3rd party recruitment resources for this search. Should those needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
What started as a passion project is now the largest ebike brand in North America, with more than 100,000 owners riding Rad across 30 countries.