Battery Systems Engineer
Rad Power Bikes
Seattle, WA, USA
Rad Power Bikes is on a mission to get people onto bikes, electric bikes that are built for everything and priced for everyone - the weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists.
Madly growing and located in Ballard, we are seeking a full-time Battery Systems Engineer to join our team. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and are looking to support a dynamic team, read on.
We are looking for a Battery Systems Engineer to join the Rad Product Team who is a system-level thinker and excited to play a part in architecting the next generation of ebikes. This role is part ebike Systems Engineer and part Technical Project Manager. This role reports to our Senior Engineering Manager, Hardware.
Why You’re Rad (about you)
- 6+ years of experience designing, specifying, developing and validating lithium-ion multi cell battery packs for consumer products based on customer needs, business strategy, and market opportunities.
- Demonstrated solid understanding of battery chemistry and cell characterization and associated trade offs
- Familiarity with hardware and firmware of battery management systems and state of charge algorithms
- Data driven decision maker capable of creating, obtaining, compiling and communicating the data necessary to build industry leading battery packs.
- Experience with laboratory equipment such as power supplies, e-loads, oscilloscopes, and data acquisition systems.
- Experience managing cost objectives, ensuring projects stay within the scope for on-time delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Mechatronics Engineering, Electrochemistry or Material Science and equivalent work experience
- Experience with battery protection modules and safety standards.
- Packaging, enclosure and 3D modeling experience
- Experience with schematic capture and PCBA design
- Passionate about working within a team environment, collaborating cross-functionally and embracing change
- Solid understanding of core electrical engineering principles - AC/DC circuits, brushless DC motors, sensors, motor controllers, and power supplies
You get bonus points for
- Electric Vehicle/ebike design experience
- CFD/Thermal CAE experience
- Experience with vehicle based communication protocols
- Product validation experience
- Coordinating and managing offshore (Asia) production
Had you been with us last month, the top 5 things you would have impacted are
- Designed and owned electric projects through entire product life-cycle, from definition and creation, through design, production, and next-gen improvements
- Performed physical testing and assisted with developing testing protocols and ensured that new product is functional, safe, and appealing to the target market
- Developed and monitored project timelines, ensuring projects are completed on time and within cost objectives and in accordance with company objectives
- Helped guide the selection, installation, and calibration of equipment for company product development workshop
- Generated testing reports through evaluation and validation of programs/systems and specifications for new and existing products, ensuring adherence to applicable industry and business standards
- Additional duties & overtime as required
Sounding good? Read on to understand what matters most to us:
At Rad we take our company values seriously. They are lived out into everything we do. Our RADICAL values really do frame what our expectations are for each and every team member. We are:
Responsible to our environment, community and team
Accountable, we take ownership, bias to action, seek and provide feedback
Diverse, inclusive of experiences, backgrounds and skills, we value every voice
Innovators, we challenge ourselves and the status quo, we are original
Customer driven, completely, we do the right thing for our riders
Approachable, kind, we collaborate and are always willing to help
Learners, we grow our skills, we are humble and seek to improve
Does this sound like you? Please apply and join us!
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or [email protected]
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time we are not leveraging external 3rd party recruitment resources for this search. Should those needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.