ADAS/AD Domain Controller Lead Engineer
Newark, CA, USA
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive and mobility industry.
We are currently seeking a Lead Engineer, Domain Controller for our Computing Platform Hardware team. This position requires an experienced professional with a background in automotive ECU integration at an OEM or Tier 1. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection
- Drive the concept design, prototyping, engineering, testing, release and launch of a cutting-edge compute platform and related ECUs for Autonomous Driving and ADAS features like surround view monitoring
- Collect the requirements of various teams and features for future platform Hardware to host cutting edge ADAS/AD Technologies
- Define the Device Transmittals and drive integration of hardware in vehicle
- Work with Tier 1 & 2 supplier for ADAS/AD Component Development and delivery of Production Validated components on time
- Be responsible for timely delivery of Hardware samples for internal development and to other 3rd party suppliers
- Work closely with other teams to ensure a robust implementation
- Ensure that all the change management are cataloged, and designs are released on time
- Employ and develop world class tools. Invent and create new technologies and solutions
- Demonstrated experience as a visionary, yet detail oriented automotive hardware engineer
- Profound knowledge of ADAS and/or Autonomous Driving systems and demonstrated track record of technical excellence
- Strong knowledge of state-of-the-art hardware systems, software tools and algorithms for interfaces required for sensors, actuators, firmware development, in-vehicle bus architectures, in-vehicle CPU/GPU computing platforms
- Knowledge communication interfaces and standards related to automotive industry.
- Deep expertise in creating safe and efficient system architectures and complex hardware-software systems including knowledge of middleware implementation and testing
- Experience managing automotive Tier 1 project relationships and sourcing sensor / hardware systems
- Experience in component and system integration, testing and verification on system and vehicle level
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards including ISO 26262, Euro NCAP, FMVSS and other regulations, industry benchmarks and customer requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Typically requires at least 5-10 years of experience in Automotive Electrical/Electronics components design and/or manufacturing field.
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related fields. Advanced degree preferred.
Your application has been successfully submitted.