EMEA Government Sales Lead for CAP
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
About The Role:
Our Government Sales Lead for the EU Common Agriculture Policy (CAP) Market will be responsible for Planet’s success with CAP-related business while the EU’s Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) is undergoing legislative changes currently.
On a day to day basis you will be the General Manager for Planet’s CAP business, inclusive of devising and driving our CAP strategy. The chosen candidate will become Planet’s resident expert and trusted advisor internally and externally for CAP, inclusive of keeping up to date with policy changes and technical developments.
The ideal candidate is a strong team player who - together with our Regional Sales Leads - will co-own a target of substantial CAP related business from National Paying Agencies (NPA’s) and their partners. You are a self-starter who can work across multiple teams ensuring coordination and effective execution. And finally, you will have a technical understanding of geo-spatial and/or imagery products, and be familiar with the stakeholders in the CAP market.
The candidate will be expected to travel and will work from our Berlin office.
Impact You'll Own:
- Devise and execute Planet’s strategy for the CAP market
- Grow and expand Planets business relationships with National Paying Agencies (NPAs) and their partners
- Support, enable and collaborate with Regional Sales Leads around the selling to National Paying Agencies
- Win sales and ensure customer success to drive renewals
- Work with Sales Development Representatives and Marketing to devise demand generation campaigns and materials for educating NPAs on our data
- Influence the Product Team for adapting our offerings to the CAP market
- Regularly report on progress to Planet’s leadership team
- Use of Salesforce and related CRM tools
- Work with Business Development to define targeted value proposition
- Identify key partners to support CAP GTM
- Develop Partner relationships to support sales and implementation
- Focus first three months is to create a strong pipeline of opportunities;
- Build network and establish strong credibility as a Subject Matter Expert for Planet and CAP in the European Community
- Self starter able to build a European Sales / GTM plan with multiple stakeholders, able to prioritise
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of related experience in International sales and / or spatial imagery in the region
- Experience selling into government accounts, including understanding the nuances of complex sales cycles and how to navigate through the channels
- Strong government and/or SaaS technical sales experience required along with a demonstrated track record of success
- Proven track record of creating pipeline and ‘cold calling’ into new accounts
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, and close large deals; carrying quota and closing should be familiar concepts
- Success in acting as a bridge between the company and its current market and future markets
- Efficiency in gathering market and customer info to enable negotiations regarding variations in prices, delivery and customer specifications to their managers.
- Excellent communication skills, including multiple languages
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in start-up environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Work from our EMEA office in Berlin
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Proven experience and excellence with Strategic Sales methodologies (e.g. MEDDIC, TAS)
- Disciplined in strategic account planning, territory planning and pipeline management
- Consistent record of over achievement against sales targets
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Flexible working hours / home office
- Birthday and anniversary gifts
- Volunteering benefits
- Stock options
- Corporate benefits
- Recognition and referral program
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Great Team Events
Some Press About Us:
"The All-Seeing Eye in the Sky video" Bloomberg Businessweek video
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Planet is the leading provider of global, daily satellite imagery and insights. Planet is driven by a mission to image all of Earth’s landmass every d...