This job is no longer accepting applications.
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian and development organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure families can access clean water, food, training, and health care. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 7,600 staff in over 45 countries, we have reached over 20 million people in 2018.
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
providing leadership and management of all the operations and systems within the Country Program, including logistics, procurement, safety & security management to ensure quality support to program delivery in line with Action Against Hunger South Sudan Country Strategy, internal policies, good practice and donor guidelines. You will manage compliance in Operations department and follow up on implementation of internal and external audit recommendations.
Key activities in Your Role Will Include
- Coordination of Program Operations and delegated responsibility for field delivery of high quality programming in line with the objectives of the country strategy.
- In close coordination with the Program Director & Technical Leads and Heads of Finance and HR, participate in program proposal process and ensure that all programs progress in accordance with grant agreements.
- Participate in conceptualizing and designing cost effective, innovative and high quality programs to serve hard to reach children and vulnerable people.
- Manage the Country Office Logistics department ensuring that all logistics activities (fleet, equipment, supply chain, ICT/IS, base setup etc) are coordinated.
- Build a high performing Supply Chain & logistics team, capable of gearing up to provide a humanitarian response when necessary ensuring that the Program secures value for money at all times and that Action Against Hunger procedures and processes are followed to the letter with zero audit findings.
- Support the day to day management of the ICT department ensuring ICT is adequately resourced and contributes to Program planning and implementation using technology where feasible encouraging innovation.
- Responsible for providing leadership on safety and security policy implementation and operational support to enable safest and most effective implementation of programs and activities.
- Analyze security trends, advise, update, and implement Action Against Hunger Security Management Plan, SOPs, contingency plans, etc. Streamline humanitarian access approaches in line with humanitarian principles, humanitarian needs and South Sudan country strategy as well as manage security incidents.
- Develop and implement an Internal Control/Audit Framework and produce reports with recommendations on areas that need improvement on logistics and security procedures and policies to ensure compliance and reduce the risk of fraud, abuse, and waste.
- Coordinate and conduct periodic compliance reviews for ensuring work is carried out ethically and in compliance with national and international laws and regulations, professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal policies and procedures.
- Support in preparation of timely and high quality progress reports, program reports, and donor reports.
- Line manage the Heads of Bases, and Logistics Head of Department. S/he will be responsible for the day to day safe & security management.
Do you meet the required criteria?
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ INGO experience in a management role, preferably as Operations Director or Head of Logistics/Field Coordinator.
- You have master’s degree in Social /Development/Humanitarian studies or any other related field.
- You have experience in security, logistics management & program cycle management.
- You have robust experience of NGO program cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organization structure.
- You have substantial experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory, ICT and IS.
- You have significant knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks.
- You have good experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants from major institutional donors.
- You have a solid safety and security management experience in complex and conflict location.
- You have Good anticipation, planning skills, especially in changing work contexts.
- You have worked in a multicultural work environments.
- You are good communicator: verbal and written.
- You are highly organized, detail oriented and able to work under pressure.
- You have a strong understanding & experience of Humanitarian Principles.
- You have worked in insecure environments.
Our Core values.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate Action Against Hunger’s five core values
Respect- we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
Integrity-: we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work. conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
Creativity-we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
Excellence- we strive to provide services that meet and even exceed the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).
Empowerment- we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating.
Gender Equality Commitments
- Ability to foster an environment that reinforces values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, boys and girls regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect for all cultures.
- Promote and uphold the PSEA policy and procedure.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: -
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume and both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. Closing date for applications: 19th November 2020.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
For 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have led the global fight against hunger. We save the lives of children and their families. We are there ...