Data QA Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- THRIVE - Top 50 Leading AgTech (2020) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
- Google Accelerator (2020) - Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who you are:
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems, such as helping the world reduce the use of pesticides and helping nature feed a growing population. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team spirit with the opportunity to learn and grow as you take the initiative to try new things.
What you will do:
You will ensure that the data used in our applications are accurate and dependable.
For this, you will:
- Validate the quality of ingested data
- Verify the accuracy of the data transformation model outputs
- Evaluate the data validation processes in use currently
- Collaborate with our data infrastructure and data sciences team to identify and implement more efficient data validation methods and tools
- Analyze, debug and resolve data related issues
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- 3+ years of experience in software testing
- At least two years experience in data analytics or in testing large volumes of data
- Experience with at least one cloud data warehouse
- Expertise in relational databases and SQL
- Passionate about quality assurance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly evaluate new technologies and tools, determine their suitability and integrate them into the environment effectively
Nice to have:
- Experience with Google BigQuery
- Experience with dbt
- A degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Science, or a related field.
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production.
- Opportunity to learn and make an impact by working on meaningful projects.
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other in collaborative and casual work environment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Semios is a scalable, data analytics platform for growers of tree fruit and tree nut crops that helps predict, identify, and prevent pest and disease ...