Supply Development Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA Remote
Pachama is on a mission to solve climate change by restoring forests, nature’s carbon sinks. Pachama harnesses satellite imaging with artificial intelligence to measure carbon captured in forests. This technology enables remote verification and monitoring of forests to provide a new standard of assurance in carbon markets. Through the Pachama platform, we connect responsible companies and individuals with carbon credits from projects that are protecting and restoring forests worldwide.
Pachama is building scalable tools to enable more forest projects around the world to participate in carbon markets, promoting more restoration and protection of forests and a healthier planetary future.
We are backed by mission-aligned investors including Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Amazon Climate Fund, Chris Sacca, Saltwater Ventures, and Paul Graham.
Pachama is looking for a new team member to help lead and coordinate our strategy and full development of our carbon supply to achieve our mission.
This role will be responsible for helping to define and then build a quality supply of forest carbon credits on Pachama's platform. This includes building a network of relationships across many different project developers while leveraging Pachama’s technology to better support their work. Additionally, this role will help be instrumental in defining the strategy for how Pachama will scale our work with new developers and landowners looking to create new carbon projects and will be strategically important in understanding how Pachama's tools can play a role in expanding forest carbon.
This role will work across the entire team, but particularly with sales, operations, and science. It has the potential to grow into a supply lead role where our new team member will help help build a larger team. This role will also work extensively across Pachama's current and future external relationships, and will help be an advocate for those needs within the company.
Job is remote, but we prefer candidates to be within three hours of the Pacific time zone.
- Define our long term supply strategy
- Grow the number of quality forest projects on Pachama platforms
- Create and implement a process to prospect, onboard, and jumpstart brand new projects
- Own and grow relationships with project developers, landowners, and other stakeholders
- Drive operational efficiency around transactions, data management, and tracking and reporting
- Support product development of new service offerings geared toward landowners and project developers
Some things we consider important in this role:
- Ability to think strategically and operationally
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience or understanding of with forestry efforts and programs
- Experience implementing and scaling new programs efficiently
- Willingness (and possibly past experience) working in the field
- Passion for our mission to restore nature and solve climate change
- Experience leading and growing new programs
- Masters degree in MBA or Forestry field
- Conversant in Spanish or Portuguese
Your application has been successfully submitted.