Leader of Sustainability
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The AWS Infrastructure Supply Chain and Procurement team is looking for a Leader of Sustainability to lead the development and implementation of sustainable supply chain solutions for AWS. The role is based in Seattle, WA, reports directly into the VP AWS Procurement and Supply Chain and will support a growing team across North America, China, and Southeast Asia.
The role will work closely with Operations, Hardware Engineering, and Corporate Sustainability, and will lead an existing yet growing effort. The right candidate will have a proven track record in sustainable product development, supply chain practices, and supplier diversity and corporate social responsibility initiatives. The candidate must be able to create and deliver complex and sophisticated programs across multiple functional disciplines and collaborate across Amazon businesses to drive effective change and deliver results.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded leader that is willing to go beyond day-to-day core responsibilities to nimbly overcome barriers and deliver an outstanding customer experience. The person must be a constant learner, stay ahead of industry trends, and embrace learning and growing. The person must be a skilled communicator who is effective at working through formal and informal channels to accomplish meaningful and timely results. This role requires a candidate who will be a trusted advisor that defines key business objectives, maps out strategic program elements, and consistently delivers on commitments. The person must innovate through problems and drive creative solutions to complex problems.
Typical Roles And Responsibilities
- Define and execute against a long-term strategy around Corporate Social Responsibility within AWS’s supply chain
- Partner with Amazon Sustainability teams to define, implement and execute a plan for procurement and supply chain in support of Amazon’s corporate Carbon-Zero Goal
- Define and implement a comprehensive Supplier Diversity Strategy for AWS – measure, capture and enable relationships and spend with minority owned and/or small businesses across the globe
- Execute workstreams that impact products, manufacturing, logistics, procurement and supply chain as well as other operational areas in pursuit of the above-mentioned objectives
- Define simple roadmaps that deliver organizational strategy and vision for environmental and sustainability initiatives
- Hire and develop a high-performing team to work with cross-functional organizations to create and deliver against operational goals
- Develop mechanisms and a culture of continuous improvement, providing thought leadership to and influencing change at all levels in the organization
- Remove barriers through effective problem solving, coordination with internal stakeholders, and grit
- Communicate performance against goals and objectives through narratives and business reviews
- Actively participate and contribute as a member of AWS’s Procurement and Supply Chain leadership team
Amazon is a committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, equivalent degree or related domain experience
- 10+ years of experience leading sustainability projects and/or supplier diversity programs in large organizations
- 10+ years of experience developing, refining, managing, and executing products in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years of experience as leader of leaders, and managing teams
- MBA or advanced degree
- Proven project management skills involving broad, cross-functional deliverables, and financial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to define, influence, refine, and implement processes, procedures and policies
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, evaluate outcomes, and challenge conventional wisdom
- Demonstrated ability to influence with or without formal authority
- Demonstrated bias for action – pounces on problems and iterates towards improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and...